It's Dangerous out There

Wish the best for both of these guys; hopefully they make the best recovery possible and can enjoy life. A rear ender and wildlife, two situations where there might not have been a lot of options.
Failure to remain at an accident should have serious consequences; serious enough that no matter how easy it might be to get away, it ain't worth trying. I think in instances where but for rendering immediate aid there's loss of life, that's gotta be worth twenty five years.

Never happen. Nor should it. "Automatic" is a knee-jerk emotional reaction and that kind of legislation is to be avoided at all costs.

+1 x many. There is nothing in my mind that could ever justify not voluntarily coming forward ASAP assuming there was some/any kind of actual exigent circumstance that justified not stopping immediately. "Hit and run" however defined is a cowardly and selfish act that deserves a strong sentence on that alone. Combined with injury makes it heinous. The degree of injury as a result should be a separate and additional factor in sentencing with separate guidelines. Maybe toss in more consecutive sentencing. But I digress.

Yeah, we're gonna have to disagree on that.....

This is why we all need to purchase uninsured/under insured motorist coverage. We can't rely on the at fault party to have enough insurance.

Best recoveries to both.

Fortunately I was taught to watch mirrors for my life.
first summer riding, night time, stopped at red light, headlights coming on strong, I moved out of the way and a ‘70 Nova passed through where I was doing about 80mph in a 35mph zone.
Be safe.

Back
Top Bottom