Does anybody love driving too?

Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
Unless it's private aviation, I'll agree. I do like small planes, and I'm sure I could learn to like private jets with little trouble.

It's the airports, waiting, crowds, and the TSA that I don't get along with.
Crowds are horrible! I found small airline out of OAK for short regional flights to Phoenix. Very convenient and Tina gets her own seat! No waiting, about 5-minutes from kerb to seat on plane. They even have snacks for dogs! :)

IMG_2101.jpeg

IMG_2100.jpeg

IMG_2102.jpeg

I used to love driving here in B.C. till they came up with this annoying impound law. The wifes Vw power buggy is fun but not on longer drives ,no comfort features a all20150623_171606 (1).jpg

Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
I used to love driving back in my younger F&F teenage days. But S.F. Bay Area had gotten so impacted with traffic that it's impossible to drive anywhere without getting held up by commuter or tourist traffic. I grew up at southern end in Saratoga and used to go up Hwy 9 Big Basin/Skyline all the time. Due to many moto crashes and fatalities, they've lowered speed-limits to snail speeds and actually have police enforcement now.

DansSupraLauras.JPG DansVinDiesel.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST1300
I love both.
Riding if I'm going somewhere by myself, driving if someone is going with me. My wife won't go more than 30 minutes or so on the back of the ST because she can't sit still for very long and gets really fidgety if she can't reposition herself occasionally.
We live in Florida and have kids/grand-kids in Michigan so several times a year we make the drive. My in-laws are in Kentucky so it's a convenient place to stop for the night if we have to but most of the time we drive straight through (about 22 hours).
I've ridden that trip a few times but I stop for the night twice each way because I take back roads instead of the interstate when I'm on two wheels.
I commute to and from work on my bike most of the time and I will put as many miles on it as I put on my Jeep. We take the wife's Buick Enclave on the long trips because she says so.

Top Bottom