Very cool bike

When I first saw him pull-starting an engine with a shaft running out of it, I thought "looks like he's trying to start a radial engine."
While not a true radial, the exposed cylinders look a lot like those of older radial-powered airplanes.

When I first saw him pull-starting an engine with a shaft running out of it, I thought "looks like he's trying to start a radial engine."
While not a true radial, the exposed cylinders look a lot like those of older radial-powered airplanes.
Air cooled V8

Last edited:
I remember as a child my uncle starting his very old cat tractor using a "Pony" engine to get it turning to start it. This reminds me of that.

I remember as a child my uncle starting his very old cat tractor using a "Pony" engine to get it turning to start it. This reminds me of that.
I used to operate a John-Deere tractor like that. It had a small auxiliary two-stroke gasoline engine that was started first. That was used to start the main Diesel engine. This was before 12V electrical systems and starter motors came along that were powerful enough to start a Diesel engine. What a pain. The two stroke only ever ran long enough to get carboned up and fouled, so it was always hard to start. It also had a hand operated clutch lever that was about three and half feet long. Talk about awkward and difficult to finesse the engagement point.

It also had a hand operated clutch lever that was about three and half feet long. Talk about awkward and difficult to finesse the engagement point.
If guys did not learn to wheelie first on tractors, we would not have perfected the technique on bikes.

If guys did not learn to wheelie first on tractors, we would not have perfected the technique on bikes.
More like lurch four feet forward or backward rather than wheelie, and smash in to whatever you were trying to gently get close to.

Back
Top Bottom