New Scenic Photo Contest

We can relate ... we're next door to you, state-wise (Texas), and we've had a week plus of rain ... one of our pastures has had an inch of water for days - ground is saturated ...

And the outlook is four more days of rain.

Screenshot_20210523-145149_Brave-01.jpeg

And our neighbor thought he was gonna bring his trailer in today ... really? been raining a week and you thought your pasture would be firm and solid? The truck and trailer are down to the axles

20210523_140541-02.jpeg

The story : May 1(holiday) ,West Norway, , beautiful day . Who wants to go riding with me today ? Hmmmm. After 4 cups of coffee ,I check my phone , a text massage: a whole bunch of people are going on a long day trip ! One problem - they left town 45 minutes ago....Dam ! But there is a "short cut" over a mountain Road , that just opened after being winter closed . It's a gamble , who knows what its like up there !
My gopro decided to take still photos for this portion of the trip - starting on the top of the mountain pass - and going down !
Coffee break ,cup 5
G0031820.JPG

G0032437.JPG

Going Down
G0032947.JPG

On the other side
G0033766.JPG

I caught up with them at Ferry dock. One Buss , and a bunch Motorcycles over the fjord .

Attachments

• DSC_1079.JPG
    DSC_1079.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 24
Must be nice to have people around to ride with that want to see scenery . I have no ST groups here & the Goldwingers just want to hit ice cream joints & sell somebody else's worthless TICKETS !
Well -Take comfort that you can ride around in a T shirt on many a Hot summer night ! We never get to do that here (hypothermia !). I used to live in up state NY, and haven't forgotten . Think this was sort of a summer start event ( I didn't know about it ), that started in one town and picked up riders in towns along the way. I was surprised at how many bikes there where. I had the only ST ,as far as I could see.
A car ferry full of all kind of bikes - not scenic ,but...
DSC_1086.JPG

Bells Beach, VIC, AUS

From Wiki ... Bells Beach is the home of the world's longest continuously running pro surfing competition – now known as the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach. The event was formerly known as the Bells Easter Classic (among a variety of other titles). The competition was first held in January 1962 ...

r3lksp7XHLrMgfqImqcl5Pvekg1TGfdrj7h0GGKpS8MeZNqFIIpEhTW8TUFrE6V70B20--8L1WP6hwvRwgl0sB2pxcFvu8c02vp4-rVZI3dLy3X3uswO8Lhh3WrHAUzkSBib6humdyisIXS91MUtGZqOSzidd335s-03Rleoh3ky1KtvfAtj1ZH8Ogdbqt-e1BYinGoHOd9TVrBVcJ1oJXXXsbR75pKPvBolMzg1BzDvk8YbcY-P87PsZ-9Y4jmSqe7vYpl8PTm7ki0b4XolFBti6xubJfZ-oG8PT9LnK0Yd0CC1q2QKsbQbO7FayLjhLyHLDGSOKkLHU-KiRl7igrq9CK3wZTdyWpZz2INV3NrzMjOXli7TMz12xK0XNt73QQadNK4kcm_FDpTUvNuBn0N8f8rPNvXemkW9VzZ6Bf0VHnrcO0vNCuOoSKxBTq2D3rSevLm2t_L5XEgW8C_dbDY_6KPR9oAv_uOZLDovLmx78Df81bMNFxplynqlQwKpumwYPa37Vd6EDomY6RfLhFuM5rcHYTU296pW-ThUFNscPL04NT64v6fcphwvXXTZ5KB8VtGPGC0J1Ir4_HJzEaYclMnWPZhN-ieFr10V__Pflweffv-uyeOsKE_UJs5XGt0lvB375xZxP6BpvDLIzm4o-2rv8kdb5ZPPij7ktZPlQwj6r3iqyL3C5EZ12dHodTY44Ou-BgYI-m8e_A=w834-h625-no

My first memory of Bells Beach is in the early 60's when Dad took my older brother (Jeff) and me on a search to find it. Jeff was 5 years older than me and a keen and competent surfer (unlike me at 10 years old), after we found the beach at the end of a long gravel track and even longer walk through the bushes, Jeff surfed until he went blue from the cold, waves were far too big for me so I sat on the beach with Dad.

My first memory of Bells Beach
Great story and lead in.

In a previous life, i owned a surfboard and sailboard manufacturing shop (2,000 square feet), plus had a competitive surf team.

I had two private labels and also contracted to make private label boards for retail shops around the state.

Although my main role was running the business, my other role was as head shaper, with the occasional side track of airbrushing, glassing, and sanding (mainly for my boards).

Okay, back to scenic photo postings ...

Great story and lead in.

In a previous life, i owned a surfboard and sailboard manufacturing shop (2,000 square feet), plus had a competitive surf team.

I had two private labels and also contracted to make private label boards for retail shops around the state.

Although my main role was running the business, my other role was as head shaper, with the occasional side track of airbrushing, glassing, and sanding (mainly for my boards).

Okay, back to scenic photo postings ...

Well, after a short detour. In the '60's, Dad also had a business on the side with a couple of his mates, fabricating and manufacturing many items from Polystyrene Foam, including surfboards. The label he used (pinched) was Okanui, they sold out for around $200K in the late 60's, cheap in today's market, but I remember it was enough to by us a big house, Mum was happy.

End hi-jack.

I thought I'd add a puzzle element. Someone on here will know immediately where this is, but it is a rare photo. It is dry, the sun is out, there is no traffic, no parked cars lining the road and the three peaks in the distance are all visible - well the middle one was a minute later.

Still taken from the on-board video from 5 days ago - 14 June 2021 11:49 BST.

Where Am I.jpg

I thought I'd add a puzzle element. Someone on here will know immediately where this is, but it is a rare photo. It is dry, the sun is out, there is no traffic, no parked cars lining the road and the three peaks in the distance are all visible - well the middle one was a minute later.

Still taken from the on-board video from 5 days ago - 14 June 2021 11:49 BST.

Where Am I.jpg

Easy. A4086 in Snowdonia National Park, North Wales. Heading west. Snowdon is the peak in the clouds in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom