late spring trip 2013

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
On the road again, in Denver, headed north east for Aurora, .IL. Nothing exciting,cold weather.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
On the road again, in Denver, headed north east for Aurora, .IL. Nothing exciting,cold weather.
If you would have gone just a little east of Denver, you would have gone from Aurora, CO to Aurora, IL!!!!!!!!!
Ride Safe

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
have a safe trip George. it is cold in the Dells today too. Even saw some flurries again! D'oh!

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Day 3, finally got a good start,,, 6:35 when I left the "campground" at Brule, NE. Stopped almost immediately at McD's in Ogallala, NE. 767 miles to The STrayCatt Mansion via I-80. After two days of AZ and CO back roads, I think I'm just gonna pull the trigger and have dinner there tonight. :D ("Campground" in Brule is a residence RV park with some open spots in back. I saw the sign, missed the arrow, and just pulled into the open lot and set up. The RV park is actually across the road. Ah, well, saved $20 and slept fine. STealth STrikes again. :D)

Day 1, 470 (s)miles: Kingman, AZ to Telluride, CO. First, ol' 66 and a chili dog at Degadillo's Snow Cap. Continue on to Flag and north on AZ 89 and US-160 to Cortez, then CO 145 (almost) to Telluride. Stopped for the night on a forest road at Scotch Creek Toll Road. Along the way, got rain and hail and strong winds. Also ran into a young couple on Kawasakis pulled over to the side (near Cortez.) Stopped to check and they were fine.

As I started to roll, the young guy (Joe) asked my name then said, "My wife knows you!" So I stopped. Turns out I and others here had met her (Leah?) during a stop somewhere in California three years ago and she recognized my bike. I have no idea. Anyone? Mac? Bueller? (She's friends with Bmer Chef so I can check out his list of friends.)

Day 2, 550 (s)miles: Telluride to I-80 at Nebraska line. Followed CO 145 north and a couple others I'm not remembering to US-50 east. Continued on this til close to Denver then commuter roads over to I-25. Along the way, froze my buns, ducked icy patches over Monarch Pass, and generally rode the bike. Only occasional stops for gas as lipSTick was returning great mileage (over 50) on these relatively slow roads. Stopped at Burger King on Denver East side near the ariport: large order Big Mac Meal with cheese was over $8!!!! I'm STicking to McD's from now on.

Got I-76 toward NE and rolled on 'til time to stop last night.

Can't forget to mention the impromptu car show at Degadillos in Seligman, AZ. Bunch of nice ones on their way to a show in Prescott had stopped for lunch. This is the third car show I've seen in the last couple weeks, Savannah, GA, Olney, TX, and now Seligman. I'll post a separate album but here's a sample. Also met a guy there name of Carl from Dolan Springs (just up the road from Kingman) on a 96. He's retired marine, been riding forever, sez the ST is the best bike he's ever had. Gave him info about SToners so expect to see him check in some time.

Won't be much to report about today, just waiting for the sun to get high enuff to get out'a my east-bound eyes before rolling on.

As always, CAREFUL ON THE ROAD!!!!

Attachments

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Not all Catt's care to be corrected, Joe, but in this case I'm guessin' an exception may be made.

Gotta admit though, STowners is funnier. :rofl1:

Bike
06 ST
Rock-On George.... I am amazed at your trips, stealth campsites and milage per year. I am from NE IL, Waukegan. Been in CO 37 years, got hooked "Ski-Bumming" in my youth....!! (still skiing too..) Dave B

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
In reference to the last line... I thought the delete key was implanted on your wrist? :)

Galaxy S3 on TapaTalk
That was the first couple of years the site was open... after that, I got a brain-implant.. I just have to blink my eyes now.

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Well that I believe. So if posts are inexplicably gone, you just got something in your eye. :)
I can live with that. :rofl1:

You know I love ya, Joe. :)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Well that I believe. So if posts are inexplicably gone, you just got something in your eye. :)
I can live with that. :rofl1:

You know I love ya, Joe. :)
Yes.... LOL

.. and I love you too my friend.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
George, I recognize that helmet. Don't remember where or who though. That storm is uglier looking than the one I left VA in. Never did get much rain out of it, but it was scary looking for about 100 miles.

Bike
ST1300
George,

I didn't see this thread until I'm sure you cleared the NE-IA border. If by here in the future, please let me know, meal/shower/bed available.

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I didn't even blink when I crossed the border there mid-day yesterday, Tom. Hammer down on I-80. I need to be on a more leisurely trajectory to plan a stop. :D

Thanks for the offer, I'll add you to my growing list for the "Mooch Across America" tour. :D

Top Bottom