Crowley's Hydration System

Bike
2012 ST 1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just purchased a custom hydration set up from Gaurand (see other recent thread in staying cool). Here's what I can tell you about it. First it's very simple to install. Two bolts into your passenger peg (you pick the side) and the frame is on. I routed the drink tube under the seat (entering where the front & back seats meet so no pinching) and clipped the bit valve to my tank bag. The kit comes with all the peices you need, tube, bite valve, on/off valve, coleman jug, etc. I filled it up with ice and about 3 standard water bottles worth of water and had cold water any time I want it. He will powdercoat in in several colors. Quick release band allows you to remove the jug for refilling, or leave it on your bike and fill it there.

What I didn't expect was this: I have MCL tip over bars which I assumed I would have to remove to get this system to fit. Not so. It fits snugly up against the tip overs. Couldn't have planned it better. I also assumed that this would leave little room for repositioning my foot. Not so. I have as much wiggle room for my foot as I had before installing. Absolutely functional. Couldn't ask for a better product.

The bad: The coleman jug is red and white. Not pretty. I thought of painting it but I don't know if the paint would stick well. I found the drawstring bag from my bike cover and it's almost a perfect fit over the jug and fits inside the band clamp well. It's silver so it matches the trim on the bike. ha! I am considering trying the Aerostich tank panniers running the strap under the seat and fitting one bag over the hydration set up. These are listed at 12" H x 9" L x 5" D. The hydration system is about 5 3/4 inches, so the bag would bow a little but should fit great over the jug and frame. I'd have to put the bolts thru the pannier's bottom and figure out how to run the drink tube out the top of it.

he was also very accommodating on getting me the system quickly so I could take it on my trip to NC this week. Two thumbs up. Give Gary a pm. Gtllc@stny.rr.com.

Bob

Last edited:
Krylon Fusion paint is designed to paint flexible plastic and should work well. Any hardware store would have it in many colors.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'm interested in it, but the email address got bounced back. Are you sure that's his address?

I highly recommend this outstanding product!

Pictures of my ST1100 install are in the thread linked above by Jeff.

I was very happy to have Gary's system (and my Marsee cooling vest) on last Saturday to get me home safely and comfortably from Curt Gran's memorial service.

I can add some ST1100 install pics to this thread when I get back to my desktop...

Regards, John

PoSTed from my iPhone

Last edited:
Here's a couple pics of the "naked" jug.

Attachments

• Hydration1.jpg
    Hydration1.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 75
  • hydration3.jpg
    hydration3.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 67
Here's a couple with the drawstring bag. I'll probably try the fusion paint mentioned earlier in the thread and try for a black & silver theme.

Attachments

• hydration2.jpg
    hydration2.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 51
  • hydration4.jpg
    hydration4.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 33
Re: Garauld TechWorks LLC Hydration System

Here are pictures of my ST1100 install of the Garauld TechWorks LLC Hydration System. This is the brilliant clamp version. There is also a nylon webbing and buckle version that looks great too. That might be desirable for those that want/need the low profile of the carrier with the jug removed, to remove side fairings (or other reason I haven't thought of/peculiar to your bike). But the clamp version only requires the removal of two screws anyway.

For the ST1100, only one set of holes is required to allow the carrier to be installed on either side. You do want to flip the clamp though (2 screws). I initially installed on the left side, but because my short legs require me to regularly maneuver my SSMST while standing next to it, I found the jug's location to be problematic so moved it to the right side. I found that works just fine for me. Mounted on the left side I had to remove the carrier to get the Side Cover off, but didn't have to when mounted on the right side. Either pannier's bottom locks can be accessed with the carrier mounted.

No vested interest, just a satisfied customer. Again, highly recommended.

Regards, John

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom