Heading to Campbellsville Kentucky May 10/18

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I will be in Campbellsville Kentucky for a couple of weeks. Looking to connect with some riders in the area and explore some roads. Suggestions on some areas to explore will surely be welcomed.
Thanks
Robert

I will be in Campbellsville Kentucky for a couple of weeks... Suggestions on some areas to explore will surely be welcomed.

There is a fairly nice 60-mile loop near there called the "Copperhead Trail." Here's the link to their map on Facebook. Keep your eyes peeled for gravel in the curves.

Check into Wallace Station if you would like a scenic ride into horse country. It's NW of you and just SW of Lexington. Versailles area near there is also good. You might find checking out " The Bourbon Trail" to be well worth your while if you are
either interested in "partaking" of the elixir or just riding country roads. May 17-20 is Ferry STOC which is SW from your location...maybe a bit more than you prefer ( 4 hours or 202 miles /325 KM....but speed limits higher here than Canada :) )

I'm from Versailles, Woodford County, home of Wallace Station. WS is on Old Frankfort Pike that runs from Lexington's bypass (4) to US 60, right outside of Frankfort. Great road, but not that long. Near there are a zillion horse farms, Woodford Reserve and Castle Key distillery. Honestly, I could spend a whole day riding Woodford County. Right across the river on US 62 is the Wild Turkey Distillery. Some other roads are McCracken Pike, that both Castle Key and Woodford Reserve are on, Pisgah Pike (connects 60 and Old Frankfort, home of Winstar Farm), US 62, locally known as Midway Pike, that connects US 60 right outside Versailles to Midway (crosses Old Frankfort Pike near Wallace Station), Dry Ridge Rd, off Ky 33 at the BG PKY (locally known as Roller Coaster Road due to sinks caused by the Karst topography), that terminates at Shannon Run, that with a left turn runs into Pisgah Pike at US60. Google maps is your friend. All of these roads are connected by smaller horse farm lined roads that are absolutely gorgeous. Another great ride in the area is US 68 by the Kentucky River that runs through an area known as the Palisades. From Versailles, take Ky 33 South (TROY PIKE) to 68, turn right, and off you go. This road goes right by Shaker Village, truly an upscale place for lunch.

I think the Palisades road is on the earlier link I posted, but none of the others are. My picture above my signature was taken on Old Frankfort Pike about 2 miles from Wallace Station.

Back
Top Bottom