Here’s Why Riding Motorcycles Makes You a Better Driver

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Huh.
I could have told y'all this, but you never asked me.

'I still recall asking him how he knew, to which he responded “You’re looking way ahead and you’re turning your head. Only motorcyclists do that.” '

Basic RiderCourse fundamentals; all the best riders will have been taught this or figured this out, otherwise they would merely be an average rider.

Additionally, all these same "what would happen if..." and situational awareness traits are learned, or reinforced, if you carry a firearm and take it seriously.

Lastly, a pilot likewise will share these characteristics; the common theme in these 3 activities - riding, shooting, flying, is the likelihood or possibility of a single error, even if momentary, resulting in our own death or the death of others.

Now on a more upbeat note, where are we riding today?

BMW M Motorsport Team WRT - #46 - Rossi, Farfus, Martin, 2023 Bathurst 12 Hour 3

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I realized that many years ago. Even my wife noticed the way I drive (even though she still gets nervous...lol).

But living in the LA area, and riding a motorcycle in rush hour traffic, does sharpen one's senses to what is around you and what the other driver is going to do, before he does it.

And Lane Splitting requires you to stay focused on what you are doing! Which sharpens your skills even more!

Top Bottom