Motorcycles are better than ever. So why are we so grumpy?

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Who are you kidding ? Swinging my right leg over brings a grimace, a barely audible 'Ooph', and is the only part of riding a bike that makes me feel 83.
Hahaha!
I was waiting for this very response, knowing someone around here would meet my expectations.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I encountered this when looking to buy my ST. Several forums told me the bike was underpowered compared to other sport-tour bikes like the FJR, but every time I do a highway pull I can't imagine how anything could be faster. Maybe my perspective is limited because I'm used to 4-cylinder sedans and a '78 Yamaha 750 as my benchmark.
Ditto...
Seems it ain't about the power listed in the glossy pamphlets, its about the power you can actually transfer onto the tarmac...
Whilst the 'ole ST1100 has only 100HP I rarely use all of it and still pass whatever I need to pass out there...
yeah, its a matter of perspective.

I came from a 1000cc sportbike to the ST and immediately noticed its lesser power, and lower redline.

In practical terms the ST1100 has adequate power, but every once in a while in an aggressive passing situation a little more power would be nice to have.

Bike
'07 ST1300
I'm not grumpy about todays bikes.

The Yamaha Tracer 9 GT+ runs $20k out the door, with 890cc and a chain.
Our dealers love to mark things up. Then discount the mark up.
OK, that makes me a little Grumpy.

I don't miss points and condensers, but I don't want a wire throttle either. Glad there are choices to feed my desires.

Top Bottom