Tipovers: How many States or Countries have you dropped it?

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
I've done it four times,
Texas KZ750 VTX 1800
Missouri ST 1300
Hawaii ST 1300

Maybe I need a trike.

Now we have to keep a log of drops, including Date, Time of Day, State, County, Municipality, Street Name, Location in Lat-Long Coordinates? Maybe even a description of what distractions caused said indiscretion, how you got it up on its feet...wheels again, and a detailed description of aches and pains suffered by lifting the bike up again?

Now we have to keep a log of drops, including Date, Time of Day, State, County, Municipality, Street Name, Location in Lat-Long Coordinates? Maybe even a description of what distractions caused said indiscretion, how you got it up on its feet...wheels again, and a detailed description of aches and pains suffered by lifting the bike up again?
LOL if you can supply all that.

I've been over several times.
1967 Honda CA77: July 1969-Shreveport, Louisiana, conflict with bicyclist. The neighborhood is long gone. Slid under him on the right side, front tire dug in and we flipped over. NO people injuries...both bikes doa. I learned to watch more than the condition of the road ahead.
1970 Honda CB750: July 1970-Shreveport, Louisiana, side stand/hot asphalt. Brand new Pizza Hut off Hwy 70 near the west of town. The handlebar/lever tangled with my belt and loop on the way over...needed help getting untangled. No damage, just took a bit to clean the hardened asphalt off the stand. Bought the guys who helped a round of drinks.
Note....Shreveport is no longer a stop on trips.....
2001 Honda ST1100: May 2017-Durant, Oklahoma, marble sized/shaped gravel spill in gas station driveway from recent road work-surprise!! Roller skated to a stop and slipped on the marbles. Had to spend the night as my foot swelled too much to wear my boot. Small scuffs on tipover cover and saddle bag.

State : Sober . Cold weather and engine. She coughed at a critical moment ,during slow turn practice. I couldn't holder her up ! No damage ,but a good lesson. Make sure your engine is warm before doing tricks ! (glad I'm done with that)
IMG_20210314_115556-kopi.jpeg

Only laid my ST1300 down once while turning into a parking lot with black ice. No damage

Back
Top Bottom