Thanks Harley Davidson

Bike
ST1300
Well then, the advertising ploy worked, didn't it? H-D has always been supportive of the troops and vets and usually helps out in times of need. Immediately after 9/11 they donated 24 new police bikes to NYC and $1 million cash to the City for the benovolent fund. It's unfair of me to say it's all advertising, but it does comes straight off their taxes and, after all, doesn't hurt to put you and thousands of others 'on a guilt trip.' But that's just me being cynical.

OP
OP
Coop

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
after all, doesn't hurt to put you and thousands of others 'on a guilt trip.' But that's just me being cynical.

LOL!! You are a piece of work if you think I'm on a guilt trip. I'm just tickles me that someone is showing concern for the new crop of veterans. It's not over for them when them take off the uniform and try to blend back into society.

Bike
ST1300
No, Coop, I was referring to DooDaa's comment - 'Puts me on a guilt trip for not supporting their brand."

As for supporting those that have taken the uniform off .. fer sure do appreciate it. I live on a veterans disability pension and fully understand we all need the help. Take a look HERE. - I ride whenever I can to honor and remember my comrades.

jduff8505

RDIV3.14
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
As for the advertising. So what if it's good advertising for them? The NYPD still had 24 bikes that they didn't have before, and this help for veterans is still help for the veterans. Is it automatically discounted because they got good press over the matter?

Jeff

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I think its even more than advertising. It puts this Mobil unit right in the parking lot of the dealer!! This is a win for the Vet but this small investment to make sure there will be traffic at specific dealers and or major bike events!!! Their marketing team keeps coming up with great ideas.

TinyL

Wingin It
Bike
2010 Wing
STOC #
We have a similar van in my area...it is a great help for veterans that cannot get "out and about" as easily as they used to...

Top Bottom