Did a dumb thing today..

Jammaman

R.I.P. - 2022/02/02
Rest In Peace
went to both the BMW dealer and Harley Shop...GTL very nice bike, fits well, not so sure of cost to operate or dependability, but very nice, crapy financing. Then looked at CVO Ultra and 110th Aniv., I am still a lifetime member of HOG from my prior rides pre my wing....I for one always had great luck putting trouble free miles on th e bikes. I was blown away by the looks of both rides, the fit and finsish was top notch. comfy, low seat height...lots of bells and whistles seemed like something that I could really enjoy, heavy bikes. and most would say antiquated technology...but wow do they look good...and feel good sitting still may take my bike over next week and see how bad the difference pricing would be....would you bandits still welcome me on a Harley or would I have to have my own campfire...as you all know, I don't drive fast, so the Harley seems like a great choice...and my new high vis full face helmet and one piece suit should fit in well with my fellow Harley bro's... on those occasions I end up in their vicinity. Any body have any current experience with the Ultra line or CVO line....somehow I think I would feel better with a bunch of outlaws vs the BMW crowd.

I would still be one of the St faithful, which I know means no loud pipes...LOL or provocative political banners. Feel free to give me any feedback or thoughts on the matter, which may in fact be a pipe dream at best.

Ride safe and enjoy!

Doug/ Jammaman

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Re: DID A DUMB THING TODAY!

Whatever trips your trigger, the wind is all the same. I've heard it said, "it's not the things I did I regret rather the things I didn't do",, something like that,,

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Re: DID A DUMB THING TODAY!

My Cousin has an Ultra as he is on the Bike Squad with the Shriners and that is their team bike. While he likes the GW he has to ride an Ultra. His biggest complaint has been the air cooled bike in the parades on hot days. They have issues with overheating when it gets really steamy out. While you may not do a lot of parades do you do much commuting in heavy traffic?

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Doug, you only live once! Do what makes you happy:D

We will always let you hang out here!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Doug,
Just remember the Harley's are seasonal, based on a couple of pictures that I took last week, over near the Dragon. LOL. The two dealers had matching "Closed for season" signs. :D

John

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Doug, you would be welcome anytime! Looking forward to seeing you soon... soon as I get this shop under control, I may ride up that way. If not, maybe you and Bob can visit here again.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Doug. You should do what ever makes you happy when it come to a ride.. You can sit next to me at the campfire if the guys are giving you a hard time. I wont protect you but I will save you a spot...LOL

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
+1 Life is short Doug, do what makes you happy because if you aren't happy you're wasting your time.

Bike
None
STOC #
I was speaking with a grizzled old Harley rider in a bar in Deadwood, South Dakota in the summer of 1981 when he asked me what I ride. Fearing a derisive laugh from him when I told him I was riding what he and his friends called a rice burner (a Yamaha Virago at that time) I was pleasantly surprised when he responded: "I don't give a f... what you ride, as long as you ride." Riding is what is important. What you ride isn't.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
I, for one, will have nothing to do with you if you buy a Harley. Your mother was hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

Of course Doug knows me well enough to know if I'm serious. I think a Hog would look just as cool as a Goldwing with a big, green weenie sticking up from the passenger seat!

Since you have foregone sporting wavy locks, perhaps a bandana and couple of tats will round out your new image?

My advice, get whatever you want. You have prior Harley experience so you know what to expect. You have had the bug for a new bike for quite a while now. Maybe the time is now to make it happen. If you get one, I think we should send Treemuncher on a mission to get you a new pair of jammies in the image of South Park. :rofl1::rofl1:

LetErBuck

Brian Oehlert
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Doug, You are welcome at our fire anytime.
Judy says you need pink pj's with a curly tail and a snout to complete the look though...LOL Just joking.
Do what pleases you !

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I suspect an HD carries your jammie bottoms to the destination just as well as an ST. Go for it. :)

See how much help we are?

Bike
2002 ST 1100
STOC #
I think this site is more about a way of thinking vs a sole type of bike. However, I think you knew that. To be honest, I have been spending some time in a Harley dealership lately. So at a minimum you have me to share a fire. :) not sure if that is a good thing for you or not.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Hey, I don't care what you ride. Just because they aren't my cup of tea, doesn't men you shouldn't ride what turns your crank. Just don't become a brand snob...LOL. I have two sets of friends who stopped riding with us because they bought Harleys, and now can't be seen with import riders. I know that won't happen to you...just pulling your chain. Have fun and enjoy your new lease on life on anything you choose to ride! Life is too short to worry about the emblem on your chosen ride.

Bike
2015 BMW K1600GT
I have two sets of friends who stopped riding with us because they bought Harleys, and now can't be seen with import riders.
Same here. I find it so odd. I'll ride with anybody, wave at anybody (even those on scooters). As far as I can see they're on 2 wheels (3 in some cases) and doing what we all love.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Just remember to budget another 5 grand for Harley tags for your cars, Harley underware, belts, do rags, stickers for your cars and any trailer you own, boots, socks, toilet paper, gloves, vast selection of black Harley shirts, drinking cups, etc. All must be black and be official Harley items.

Top Bottom