Ultra Classic

Rineyville, KY (summer) Hernando Beach, FL (winter
A friend from NH stopped by for a visit the other day on a cross country trip on his 1995 Ultra Classic. We took an afternoon ride along the Ohio River in KY, across the river into southern Indiana, and along Route 66 east to Corydon, Indiana. Route 66 is narrow, smooth, winding, and hilly. I was very impressed with the ability of my friend and his Harley. We weren't breaking any speed records, but we were hustling along at a comfortable clip through the curves. He stayed with me except in a couple instances when pulling out of sharp curves, where the ST out accelerated the big Harley. I know that Harley bashing is common on many forums, but in this case I have to admit that I was impressed. BTW, he wrecked his last Ultra Classic with almost 300,000 miles after having a factory $2,500 rebuild at 210,000 miles.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
As is often said... it's not the bike that makes the rider... it's what the rider can do with the bike. :)

Some like Coke, others Pepsi... others DP... I like RC myself. :)

Bike
04 ST1300A
I love the Ultra Classics. They are big smooth cruisers with a lot of storage and smooth power delivery. I also love the integrated stereos and cruise control. It is a beautiful bike to ride. It's just not the bike for me.

Bike
ST1300 '08
the first time a rode the Million Dollar Hiway in CO, it was in the rain. Got passed on hairpin curves by a guy on a loaded HD of some variety. Many times, in the mountains, I've seen people cooking through the twisties just fine on those things; no scraping, plenty quick. Rented one once, liked it a lot.

Top Bottom