Saved a Harley today...

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
During our stay in Manitou Springs, there were two other riders staying at the hotel the second night. When were getting ready to leave, the other two riders (one on an FJR riding with a friend on an Road King) came out and started preparing for their departure. I looked over at the Road King and the back tire seemed a little low. I mentioned it and the FJR rider said... no looks about right. I persisted and asked the rider what pressure he normally kept in the back. He said 40psi... I said you might want to check it...looks low to me. The other gentleman on the FJR produced an air gauge and we started rolling the bike to gain access to the valve stem. While rolling, we noticed a nail dead center in the back tire...
The rider groaned and said " What a way to start the day"! I told him... it's better to start out and get it fixed than to start out and break down in the middle of no where!
Well, guess he figured I was right... got a group hug from the guys....:eek::

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
After getting gas on a long road trip and heading to the motel across the street a friend noticed my tire was low. 10psi on the gauge. Ouch. There was a nail. A plug and Slime (compressor not goo) and the next morning we were ready to roll.

Good catch Vinny. That could have made for an ugly day down the road.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Good eye Vinny and good on you for being persistent.

Top Bottom