HELP with heated clothing setup

I have just purchased a used 06 ST. It has a quartet harness. I want to set it up for a heated jacket and gloves. Should I permanently mount the heat troller or keep it elswhere?? I am considering the group buy for the jacket and controller discussed on the forum. What have you all done?? Thanks for the help.....I'm learning!!

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I have a portable controller that I velcro to the frame of both bikes. I just transfer it between the two, as I choose which ride I'm going to use. To adjust my heat I just reach down and twist the little knob to raise or lower the temperature.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I don't know if the Quartet harness can handle the current draw of heated grips and a heated jacket...does anyone else know?

I mounted a Portalet below the right fairing pocket and wired it through a permanent Heatroller then straight to the battery. The knob for the Heatroller is mounted up through the little triangular piece to the left of the right fairing pocket. If I had more than one bike I'd be tempted to use a portable controller, but I have just one and like the idea that it's always there.

Living in New England I never know when I'm going to want heat.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
The dual Powerlet is the hot setup for heated clothing (pun intended). Our controllers are inline and plug into the Powerlets making them conveniently located for adjustment on the road. We have been using this arrangement for two years. No wiring across painted surfaces. It's just a perfect location.

Ray

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
I don't think the quartet harness can handle both heated grips and clothing.
You can wire in accessories easily with an aux fuse panel or through a switched relay using the switched power from the quartet to activate the relay and the load power directly from the battery. This way everything is off when the key is off.
I used the EC aux fuse panel which comes with a relay.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Heat-troller's write-up says "do not put the controller" into the jacket.

Mark

Top Bottom