Hard wired heat........

After receiving great info on m y heated clothing post I am leaning towards hard wiring the heat-troller on my 06' ST. I would love to hear the pros and cons that you folks have run into and where and how is the best way to mount, etc. The bike does have a dual and single outlet wired already,,,,,so do I use that or not??. I'm leaning towards a dual controller so I can separate the heat adjusting for the jacket liner and gloves.

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Seperating the two is a good idea. If you have outlets available that might be the easiet to use if they are wired directly back to the battery. You want to make sure that you run the hook up back to the battery. That way you don't run the risk of using too light of a gauge of wire to run your heated clothing.

Curt

number9

Jason
STOC #
I have thought long and hard on this as well as I am going to get in on the W&S group buy. I have decided to go with the Dual Portable controller. I don't want to drill holes and permanently mount the 2 controller dials on my bikes plastic. If I sell the bike, which is a possibility, I would have to leave the controller on it, explain the holes in the plastic, or replace the plastic piece I drilled the holes into - neither of which I want to do.

I plant to wire the controller to the battery and just leave the coax connector tucked under the front of the seat and the controller in a saddlebag or the house if it is dead summer. When I want to use the heat, I will stick the coax connector up between the seat and tank and plug the controller into it, my jacket and either clip the controller to my tank bag or put it in the tank bag.

Bike
2005 ST1300
what does the heat troller do??

Does it just control the heat output?

What happens if you 'just plug in' a pair of heated glove liners to the powerlet? So you need a heat troller??

Sorry I am a heated clothing newbie...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
It adjusts the heat output.

On my stuff, mind you, I live in Texas, I just have a toggle on/off switch... On if I need heat and off if I don't. Having the troller, you'd be able to adjust the heat to just what you want. Me being a cheap...... I just use the toggle.

Again, I'm in Texas so we don't get that much of the cold stuff.

Top Bottom