wiring heated gear - heatroller

Simple question : I am planning on mounting a heatroller on my 06 ST....I'm thinking of putting it just aft of the forward right compartment on the fairing on the front of my bike. My question is will the heat that builds up in tht area affect the controlling capability of the unit?? In other words soes the heatroller have a thermostat in the permanent mount rheostats??
any other suggestions?? Thanks for the info...................

number9

Jason
STOC #
Not sure. It would probably be best to bounce the question off Warm-n-safe or Gerbing, which ever you are getting the heat troller from just to be sure.

STOC #
hopgo said:
Simple question : I am planning on mounting a heatroller on my 06 ST....I'm thinking of putting it just aft of the forward right compartment on the fairing on the front of my bike. My question is will the heat that builds up in tht area affect the controlling capability of the unit?? In other words soes the heatroller have a thermostat in the permanent mount rheostats??
any other suggestions?? Thanks for the info...................
First its not a rheostat.
Second if its cold enough to need heated gear I'm guessing heat in that area shouldn't be a problem.
Third I'd mount it on the left, incase you want to use it under power. Easier than using your throttle hand

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I have Velcroed my heatroller to the rear of my tank bag, it is always accessible and for me this works great. Just one option if you use a tank bag.

OP
OP
thanks for the info....if you mount the controller on the tank bag do you have the semi-permanent mount or the portable mount?? I'm not sure which one to order.

Bike
05' ST1300A
I just carry the controller for my Gerbing liner in my left coat pocket, easy to adjust and change bikes that way.
Magna

STOC #
I mounted my portable heatroller with velcro to the tank pad just above the seat. Plug it into one of the dual powerlet plugs mounted by the rebound adjuster on the left. When not in use i can remove it quickly.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
In my case, I mounted a permanent heatroller in the left speaker grill. I typically don't adjust it once I've set it and I don't screw around with the settings when I'm in motion.

Check out the pix. and you can see the mount.

John

Attachments

dteel

Dana Teel
Bike
ST1300ABS
STOC #
Designed a pulse-width modulator as part of a project while I was earning my electrical engineering degree. It's a very effecient method of control and provides for 0% - 100% control with a very high degree of accuracy. Like the location that John chose and comments about it being on the left vice the right make sense to me.

Top Bottom