Heateed clothing

CruisingDog

CRZNDOG
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I'm still thinking of buying a heated vest w/sleeves and would like some opinions on the current vendors.

I have a powerlet socket under the seat so the BMW style adapter should work well.

Please pass on your experience with heat controllers/thermostats as well.

TIA

Bike
2003 ST1300
I've used Gerbings jacket liner, gloves and socks with the dual controlLiner for two winters now. They work great. With the liner, I get heated sleeves and easy on/off - usually just remove liner and jacket together. Linner with Firstgears Kilimanjaro jacket with their overpants and I'm good to the mid-20's

Rich

Marshal_Mercer

Bumbleberry + Crumble = Yum!
Bike
Has new home
STOC #
Re: Heated

Gerbing's permanent dual controllers fit well and are easy to use. I have mine mounted the same way that Jeff Gerbing has his. See attachment.

Marshal

Attachments

Marshal: Wondering whats up, I couldn't see it, first time I haven't been able to view a photo.

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I've been a Gerbing user for the past few years. It's never failed except when I didn't take care of the cables and they got corroded. The jacket takes a lot of abuse and with a down zip up vest over it, it keeps me very warm. I keep a dual controller on my jacket and a single controller on my tank bag.

Curt

I've got the Gerbing liner and gloves with dual controller. It doesn't really get cold enough down here to need the gloves but the liner works great - just used it today in fact. Very reliable, very high quality equipment. Expensive but you get what you pay for.

Marshal_Mercer

Bumbleberry + Crumble = Yum!
Bike
Has new home
STOC #
Re: Heated clothing

Marshal: Wondering whats up, I couldn't see it, first time I haven't been able to view a photo.
I'm not sure. Before the crash the JPeGs would show as thumbnails, now they don't. It took two tries for me to see the photo I attached. The first loaded as a php file that was five times larger than the JPeG. The second time it loaded properly. I'll try to upload it again.

Marshal

Attachments

Last edited:
I've had Gerging's heated clothing for about 5 or so years. They're really great and allow me to ride year 'round when the roads are not iced up or full of salt/sand. I have a dual permanent controller on my Wing, but wonder if I can mount the same deal on the ST.

Dual controller allows me to run sox/pants liner and jacket liner/gloves independently. Works great on the WING.

I'd like to mount the dual controller where Marshal did .... on the left faring below the lockable door ... BUT, I have the faring deflectors mounted there. The black plastic stuff. Do you think I can still mount the dual controller there? I guess the other place would be the left faring grill, like a couple others have. But, having it closer would be nicer IMO.

Please let me know your opinions about this mounting. Thanx.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have Gerbing and Widder complete sets (long story) for several years. I ride year around so my gear sees plenty of use. Stick with Gerbing and you will not be disappointed. WarmNSafe makes some good stuff too (very similiar to Gerbing - another long story), but I don't own any. Just a note though - It is wise to go somewhere that they carry the stuff so you can make sure to get the correct size. If the jacket is too big, you tend not to get the proper heat transfer. Also, if you consider getting the Gerbing Socks, get the ones WITHOUT the wires in the bottom. Not a matter of heat, but a matter of walking comfort!

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I see a lot of recommendations for the Gerbing liners and gloves. Has anyone bought from their online outlet store and if so what was your experience regarding the quality.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I have a Gerbing liner that I have used for 9 years and it still works great. This is even after being wadded up and shoved in and out of the saddle bag for 9 years. The elastic in the waist is starting to lose it's stretch now though. Actually this is my second liner from Gerbing. When I washed the first one in the washing machine on gentle cycle like it stated on the label, it self destructed. I called Gerbing and told them what happened. They asked me to ship the liner back to them, which I did. A week later a brand new liner showed up, No Cost. The new liner did say to hand wash only though. The secret to getting the most out of any liner is make sure that it fits more on the snug side with just a light weight shirt on. You can dress in layers over the liner, but put only the minimum on under it.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Gerbings head to toe with dual controllers. Works great and the people at Gerbings are good to work with. Maggie and I went down to their shop to get fitted 4 years ago.

John

Top Bottom