Symtec Grip install Question

I am going to order the symtec grip heaters soon, but was wondering if when fitting them should i cut a small groove in the flange end of each of my grips so the wires will be flush to avoid trapping them between grip flange and switch cluster,
Any advice most welcome,:)

Martin.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I did not find this necessary when I installed Symtechs on my '05. I have Throttemeister bar ends and clearance on the outboard end is crucial to the throttle lock working properly. The Renthal grip glue I used set up immediately and I am not sure that I would have had time to make sure the wire was fitted into the groove anyway. Hope this helps.

STOC #
Didn't when I installed mine. Have not had a problem.
Ditto here.

The only issue I had was when in installed the Kuryakyn Iso grips on the throttle side. I ended up cutting the rubber of the grip down to the metal in order to allow free throttle return. The rubber was pressing the wire against the plastic of the switch housing and not moving smoothly.

happy farkling!

david/foilrat

STOC #
Me too. No problems in 3 winter riding seasons. John
How's the temp? I've played around with mine and they only get warmish. On my electra glide I had some great heaters that REALLY WORKED! Almost ouch if I wasn't careful.

Now, I am running it through a HeadTroller, but I hadn't thought it would clamp down that much on the power.

david

Probably not to late to do what I did... After my install, I didnt like the 'finished' look of the wires under the flange, so I rolled them back a bit and with the hot tip of my soldering iron, melted a clean little half-circle groove. Not sure if it improved anything in long term performance... but it made me feel better.

Top Bottom