PDA

View Full Version : Portland, Ore & Vancouver,Wa.

Papa Ritch
03-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I am going to ride on Thur 3-29-07 at about 10:30 - 11:00. Anyone who would like to meet. PM or call 503-665-8915 RITCH I sure like to meet other rider. :03biker:

krotchrocketgrampa
03-28-2007, 08:51 PM
HI Papa Rich.

I live in clackamas.own an o6 ST,just got it in Nov 06.
has only 800 miles. me and a few buddies ,mostly old guys, ride all over this area.lets hook up sometime.
paul

crotchrocketgrampa1@juno.com
503-577-4105.:

pbenson
03-30-2007, 01:06 AM
I am going to ride on Thur 3-29-07 at about 10:30 - 11:00. Anyone who would like to meet. PM or call 503-665-8915 RITCH I sure like to meet other rider. :03biker:

Boy - you picked a beautiful day for a ride. Wish I had seen this note sooner - I would have taken the day off. Maybe next time you are looking for a ride - I live in Beaverton.

chokozip
03-31-2007, 05:44 PM
Hmm just seen this.I dont get to ride mid day during the week.But after work most times its fair game.That day a buddy from work and I rode hiway 30 to Raineer and over to longview.From there dinner and then I-5 back home.

If I plan any other rides like that after work I will post.

Sean

DJW
04-02-2007, 12:14 AM
I would love to ride with some other ST-Owners. Let me know the next time you're heading out....DJ

DAS
04-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Rich, did you get any takers?? I didn't see this notice until too late and couldn't have done it on Thursday but I would have been very disappointed if it was happening on Saturday afternoon instead - and missed it. I think a regular email distribution list might be better for getting my attention in time. How about every one else??? I'll collect the addresses, distribute the initial mass mailing, and maintain the list if this is of interest - or - I suppose Mellow might help us make a dedicated Portland area link and educate us on how to check the latest "ride notice" thread. Afterall, this forum needs to get a little more organized or I'm affraid its wheels will come off - 13,000 unread posts !!! - its like a needle in a hay stack - mind you a very good hay stack so any needle is good but finding a specific one is getting tough.

Papa Ritch
04-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Rich, did you get any takers?? I didn't see this notice until too late and couldn't have done it on Thursday but I would have been very disappointed if it was happening on Saturday afternoon instead - and missed it. I think a regular email distribution list might be better for getting my attention in time. How about every one else??? I'll collect the addresses, distribute the initial mass mailing, and maintain the list if this is of interest - or - I suppose Mellow might help us make a dedicated Portland area link and educate us on how to check the latest "ride notice" thread. Afterall, this forum needs to get a little more organized or I'm affraid its wheels will come off - 13,000 unread posts !!! - its like a needle in a hay stack - mind you a very good hay stack so any needle is good but finding a specific one is getting tough.

I like the ldeal of E-MAIL list that I could have all together, so when I decide to ride I could sent out a E-MAIL to all. And if they could make it, we just get together an go. This way maybe we could ride with someome without a lot of planning. I know that some of you have job and can't ride most days as I can. This could help. Ritch :03biker:

DAS
04-03-2007, 03:20 PM
I volunteer to put together a Portland area email list and update it once in a while. JM Anthony has a PNW list going but I can not tell who on it is local so I'll start over right here. Send me a PM or a direct email to dschutter@georgefox.edu with your email address. After I get a decent list I'll send a note to everyone that will hopefully allow anyone to announce a group ride. I count 6 on this thread and know of two more that may join in - KenBob and Bobby dog.

John Anthony
04-04-2007, 10:57 PM
I volunteer to put together a Portland area email list and update it once in a while. JM Anthony has a PNW list going but I can not tell who on it is local so I'll start over right here. Send me a PM or a direct email to dschutter@georgefox.edu with your email address. After I get a decent list I'll send a note to everyone that will hopefully allow anyone to announce a group ride. I count 6 on this thread and know of two more that may join in - KenBob and Bobby dog.

The list I sent out earlier this week is sorted by state/province, so hopefully it's a good place to start. Maintenance of these list is a real PITA! Rather than duplicate efforts, we need to find a way to get one list as current as it can be. Just my opinion.

John

ST_Ookami
04-29-2007, 10:15 PM
I hate to appear the dweeb, but I am not finding this list that you sent out. Do you have "sub-regonal" co-ordinators that help with list maintenance? Who might that be, or is this a past and dead conversation?

ST_Ookami
04-29-2007, 10:18 PM
OKay. So I am a dweeb. I found the list. Thanks. So what about the sub-regonal helper?