Electric Screen+ Symtec Heaters

Hi all,
I am just installing my new symtec heated Grips but my ST did not have the factory fitted Electric Screen so i fitted the Honda Electric screen kit supplied by David Silver Spares, This is the genuine honda item as supplied also by California Sport Touring i believe.
My problem is that the Swithched live Connection for the screen comes from the White Plug on the Quartet harness so i dont know if i can take the switched live for the Grip heaters from the white plug also :confused: ,
Not sure if it would overload the wiring when grips are on then raise or lower the screen :eek: ?
Any help with this will be very much appreciated :)

Martin.

OP
OP
panman40
Hi all,
I am just installing my new symtec heated Grips but my ST did not have the factory fitted Electric Screen so i fitted the Honda Electric screen kit supplied by David Silver Spares, This is the genuine honda item as supplied also by California Sport Touring i believe.
My problem is that the Swithched live Connection for the screen comes from the White Plug on the Quartet harness so i dont know if i can take the switched live for the Grip heaters from the white plug also :confused: ,
Not sure if it would overload the wiring when grips are on then raise or lower the screen :eek: ?
Any help with this will be very much appreciated :)

Martin.
Ah Well, I guess i'm on my own with this one!!

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I think you'll find lots of resources here and links to the quartet harness https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18602. As well, there is an electrical wiring diagram at CalSci's site http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/ST1300_c.html#Diagrams.
I believe the switched circuit in the quartet is on a 15 amp Fuse F. There are other connectors that access this circuit. I am not sure what the windshield motor draws, but motor loads tend to be higher. You'll have to read through all this material and determine for yourself if the windshield + Symtecs are an acceptable safe load. In any event, if you hook up the Symtecs, I would recommend you include a separate in-line fuse on the Symtec feed.

RTETR

Craig Clark
I can't comment on the screen fitment however when I added my grip heaters and BMW grips I ran my switched power from the front turn signal lights.

Top Bottom