PDA

View Full Version : Help:tupperware removal

alf04st
04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Have to replace the thermostat (two bars in 84 degree temps) and I can not find thread on removing fairing panels. Can someone pleeeease point me in the right direction?:bow1: :bow1: :bow1: :bow1: :bow1: :bow1: :bow1: :bow1: Thanks guys for the wealth of information on this site.

Landon
04-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Have to replace the thermostat (two bars in 84 degree temps) and I can not find thread on removing fairing panels. Can someone pleeeease point me in the right direction?:bow1: :bow1: :bow1: :bow1: :bow1: :bow1: :bow1: :bow1: Thanks guys for the wealth of information on this site.

http://www.touringmotorcyclists.com/front_faring_removal.htm I used this site and printed each page. It helped me and hopefully it will you.

Landon

Joseph
04-05-2007, 07:49 PM
alf04st

If you have access to a fax machine I'll fax you the relevant pages from the owner's manual. PM me.

Removing the tupperware isn't hard (heck, even I can do it) but you need to follow the precise sequence, or you will have some part that won't come off because something else didn't come off first.

I have two suggestions before you start this. First, get some sort of plastic container with lots of dividers, so the fasteners come off the bike and immediately go into their own bin: label each bin. If you have a large box with dozens of fasteners you will NOT remember what goes where. Second, if you have a digital camera take pictures as everything comes off. It will help you remember the process when you get ready for reassembly.

Joseph

sparkinator
04-05-2007, 08:37 PM
If you only have to take one side off (never had to change the thermostat, so I don't know), you can double check the fasteners still on the bike agaist the ones you remove. That always helps me.

Landon
04-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I have two suggestions before you start this. First, get some sort of plastic container with lots of dividers, so the fasteners come off the bike and immediately go into their own bin: label each bin. If you have a large box with dozens of fasteners you will NOT remember what goes where. Second, if you have a digital camera take pictures as everything comes off. It will help you remember the process when you get ready for reassembly.

Joseph

I use dixie plastic cups. I use one cup for each body part removed. That way I know which fasteners go with each body part. Lay the cup next to the body part out of the way.

Landon

alf04st
04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Joseph, I do not have access to a fax. If I can down load to a cd I can use work printer to print pages and pics. Heck might do like normal take apart, fix, put back together, throw away left over parts :rolleyes: and bike will weigh less and be faster. :)