DUAL STARS off Quartet Harness ?

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
I have the Dual Star grip heaters and the Heat Troller on order along with a few other electrical farkles. I'll be doing a tupperware removal hopefully next week to hook up everything (Quartet Harness, Stebel horn, GPS power, power leads/sw/relay for future FF50 lights, Dual Star grip heaters). I have the Hitachi connectors and crimper.

The only thing I plan on wiring to the Quartet Harness are the GPS power, trips for relays, and the Dual Stars.

Does anyone know the max amperage the Dual Star heaters will draw, they are max. 35 watts but I don't know how to convert to amps. I know the Quartet is only fused for 15 amps ?
I'm hoping that's more than enough.

Thanks,

Last edited:
OP
OP
TRICKYRIC5474
Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
Ok, a little further internet research tells me that this is the formula for conversion:

35 watts divided by 12 volts = 2.91 amps

So if this is correct, why would anyone be worried about powering heated grips off the Q Harness which is fused for 15 amps by the factory ?

Any electrical wizards out there ? Am I correct ? I don't want to disassemble the tupperware more than once.

STOC #
Use the White 3 pin connector on the harness (used for Hondaline grips) and you will be fine. My SymTecs are wired like that with the dual heat rocker switch.

PLEASE VERIFY but - I think Ohm's law (ignoring resistance ) would get you around 2.5 amps assuming 13.6 volts?

35 (watts) / 13.6 (volts) = 2.57 amps?

Top Bottom