PDA

View Full Version : New 2008 Busa and BKing

sherob
06-28-2007, 09:31 AM
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/27june07_new2008suzukis.htm :eek:

Bashy
06-28-2007, 09:36 AM
That is one nice looking bike. Wonder how many ponies it has now.

Kempo-STer
06-28-2007, 09:37 AM
HOLY CRAP..

I want that Busa! Man is it pretty...11% increase in perfomance headlines! Holy geez..as if it wasn't fast enough..me likey

STPilot
06-28-2007, 10:40 AM
HOLY CRAP..

I want that Busa! Man is it pretty...11% increase in perfomance headlines! Holy geez..as if it wasn't fast enough..me likey

No kidding!! The Busa is ALREADY a freakin ROCKET SLED... Oh, and it's in my color too....

Don-STOC237
06-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else hate those underlined links in these stories that, when you mouse over them, pop up an ad that has nothing to do with the story ?

Mouse over underlined word Suzuki, and you get a popup ad for some magazine. Mouse over the word "braking" and get a popup ad for Hyundai.

***?

Oh ya, they're putting slipper clutches on these bikes now so you have to use the brakes going down steep mountain grades. Don't know if I'd like that. OTOH, who cares; I couldn't afford the insurance on one of those anyway. :eek:

wjbertrand
06-28-2007, 11:01 AM
My old '83 Interceptor had a slipper clutch but it didn't slip so easily that you couldn't use engine braking on a down hill run. It would slip only if you made a bit of a sloppy downshift just enough to prevent/reduce rear wheel lock up. Under normal, smooth riding conditions you would never know it was there. I suspect the slipper clutches in these new Suzukis are similar.

One nice thing about the B-King, from the looks of it, no one would ever be able to tell if you wrecked it or not.

Gonzo
06-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Well, it sure is a great looking machine, but at my age (old fart) I sure don't need insane performance. I'm not looking to impress anyone with what I own or ride, either.
gonzo

Blrfl
06-28-2007, 11:51 AM
I predict that the B-King will be a sales disappointment because of its name. (My dad always wondered when Subaru was going to introduce the "Rectum.")

--Mark

Sink
06-28-2007, 12:03 PM
I would love to ride the B-King just one time....... WOO HOO!

STratus
06-28-2007, 12:50 PM
I love that B-King... Except for the mirrors. It looks like they completely forgot about them in the design stage... What to do, what to do?

I know! Mount them to the reservoirs!:nuts1: :hun1:

Spencer
06-28-2007, 12:57 PM
What happened to the 1500cc 6 cyl. Busa :confused:

Spencer

pretbek
06-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Is the B-King ("B-King for a day!" or "male version of the bee queen" :D ) not the anti-Bandit, with that 'Busa engine in there?

I can imagine (and NEED to imagine, since I never owned a bike similar to either B-King or Bandit) that you'd want a whole bunch of low-rev torque on a nekkid upright bike like that, not horsepower that starts to come in at 6000 rpm...?
Alright, that number is a slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean.

BigTom
06-28-2007, 03:27 PM
So. Can "Have it your way" be far away? That's a serious whopper.
<GROAN>

I wondered, too, about a new Bandit and the B King introduced in the same year. I'm guessing that the Bandit is just UJM, the B King is SERIOUS performance. Like racers type stuff.

Truth is, I think most Hayabusas are 'conversation pieces'. As in "Hey, lookit me. I ride the fastest production MC ever made. I have the largest testicles in the neighborhood, if not the state." And I'm guessing 180 hp naked is probably in the same ballpark.

STPilot
06-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Truth is, I think most Hayabusas are 'conversation pieces'. As in "Hey, lookit me. I ride the fastest production MC ever made. I have the largest testicles in the neighborhood, if not the state." And I'm guessing 180 hp naked is probably in the same ballpark.

LOL.... Yup, that's why I bought mine... Oh and well, that and I wanted a sport bike and it's the only bike, due to it's bigger size, that's comfortable enough to fit my 6-2" frame. I actually do ride it too, I put some soft bags on the tail and I have the ultimate SPORT tourer... :D

sherob
07-02-2007, 09:13 PM
HOLY COW... 184hp... 108ftlb torque :eek:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/June/june25-jul2/jun2607suzukibkingsetfor184horsepower/?&R=EPI-92253