Honda Heated Grips - Controller Blinks?

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #
While packing and testing all my gear for my trip, I noticed that when I turned my heated grips up to max (4 bars) they would periodically "blink" all 4 bars.

I didn't have time to look for a pattern, but I thought I noticed it when the radiator fan kicked on with these conditions:

1) Bike was at idle on center stand in my garage
2) Grips were maxed out at 4 bars and bike was really warm
3) I did NOT have my hands on the bars
4) I have a Starcom PTT switch on my left handle bar grip

When I touched the grips, they were in fact heating and felt really hot.

Just curious if any of you have experienced this.

Cheers,

<D>

Byron

STOC #
Dan,

You might try searching but I think I remember that the lights will blink if it is not getting enough current. With the bike idling and the fans drawing juice that might have cut back the current to the grips enough to trigger the flashing. I doubt you will have any problem while under way.

OP
OP
dmulk

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #
Yeah....that is exactly what my guess was....It only seemed to do it while set on max.

The reason I was setting it that high was that I was trying to make sure my Audio system didn't acquire any extra "electrical noise" from them being on. (I had a weird problem with the PTT switch on a chatterbox system - when the grips were on, the PTT didn't work).

Thanks Byron!

<D>

Louie Louie

Dan,

You might try searching but I think I remember that the lights will blink if it is not getting enough current. With the bike idling and the fans drawing juice that might have cut back the current to the grips enough to trigger the flashing. I doubt you will have any problem while under way.
Thats exactly correct, light will STop flashing as u ride and it gets charged.

Top Bottom