Hot Grips or Gerbing Heated Gloves???

WaterlooJay

R.I.P. - 2021/07/28
Rest In Peace
Bike
2021 BMW RnineT UGS
STOC #
Hey guys, any suggestions on what is the better way?

$160.00 US + SHIPPING

or

$140.00 CDN

THANKS

JAY

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #

$160.00 US + SHIPPING

or

$140.00 CDN

THANKS

JAY
Before I totalled my Wing I had both and used them. However I don't have heated grips on the ST and was spoiled by the Wing and will probably put them on prior to the cold months ahead. I do ride all winter, so comfort fgoes along way when the temps start to drop. The gloves don't have heat in the palms so the grips keep that part of you hand warm. I have never went without the heated gloves for 7 years now so I don't know how effective just heated grips would be.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have both on my ST1100s but my heated grips are Symtex(?) and were about $35 USD. They fit under most standard grips (I use J.C. Whitney rubber grips) and do a fine job. As MotoMac says, the grips heat the palms, the gloves heat the rest of the hand. I rode in 19 F in a blowing Great Lakes wind and my hands were perfectly toasty using both.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Another one for Symtech grips and Gerbings. On the really cold riding days, both make a terrific combination. Heated grips are nice on the marginal days when having occassional heat makes the ride more enjoyable. I use a Heatroller so I can dial in the warmth I want.

Good luck.

John

Bike
2008 VStrom 650

$160.00 US + SHIPPING

or

$140.00 CDN

THANKS

JAY
The heated gloves are a bit bulky IMO so I prefer the heated grips instead. I went with the symtec elements and a heat-troller variable controller for less than $100CDN and they work like a charm under the grips of your choice. I decided to go with the BMW tapered grips which are a big improvement over stock.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Both. Grips won't keep the back of your fingers and hands warm when it's really cold but sometimes the grips alone are just enough to ward off the chill. I can get away with wearing lighter weight gloves on colder days with the grips as well. Grips and gloves opens up more options for days when altitude changes going up and down or sun/shade drops and raises temps accordingly and I don't want to stop and change gloves. Spring for the newer G3 Gerbing gloves too - they aren't as bulky as the classics.

Bike
FJR 1300A
STOC #
I have Gerbings heated gloves,They are a little sloppy on the hands, I had Gerbings put the heating elements in my Held winter gloves for $70.00 they work great and they have the rubber on the fore finger to wipe my
visor, Gerbings don't have the rubber wipe.
Marcus

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Jay, I have the Hot Grips, and I think they are the most robust and will last longest. Very well made. Another benefit is they are larger diameter than most and very comfy. Team that up with a Heat-Troller, and you'll be happy. Newborn's combination with BMW grips is also a good choice.

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
I love my heatem up gloves, but grips are always with you, you never forget them on your garage bench. When your having too much fun to stop you just turn the ol grips on. Keep in mind you will want the heat controller with the gloves, another 60 bucks. I only use them below 30 or 40, wife is a little wimpier and use the heck out of them. She wants the vest this year as well..

Top Bottom