Heated Gloves

Bike
03 ST1300
Looking for feedback regarding experience with various ELECTRIC HEATED GLOVES. Some particulars would be; are they warm enough in low low temps. I ride when the temps dip to 35 F, and Im really tired of having cold fingers. I have older model weilder gloves,chaps and vest. They work OK, I just hope there is better stuff out there, particularly the gloves.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Looking for feedback regarding experience with various ELECTRIC HEATED GLOVES. Some particulars would be; are they warm enough in low low temps. I ride when the temps dip to 35 F, and Im really tired of having cold fingers. I have older model weilder gloves,chaps and vest. They work OK, I just hope there is better stuff out there, particularly the gloves.
I use Gerbing's and rode in below 0 temperatures in late Febraury this year. They kept my hands toasty warm and the rest of my body was covered in Gerbing gear also and the only thing that got cold was my nose and cheeks.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
When is Gerbing going to add an electric balaclava to their lineup? :)
Don't think that will happen. I didn't have my Balaclava with me on that ride so that is why my face got cold. I did have a neck gator so my chin and mouth stayed warm.

Bike
07 ST1300A
+1 on the Gerbing. I have an older pair of Widder gloves, like the Gerbing much better. After about 2yrs of use, I had a loose wire in one glove, causing an intermittent connection. Called Gerbing, they said send the gloves and they would repair it faulty one. A few weeks later, I received the gloves back, only cost me the postage to get them to the factory. Their heating elements have a life time warranty. Cant go wrong with Gerbing product, they really stand behind them.

Bike
2003 STX1300
STOC #
I use KLAN heated inner gloves in combination with my heated grips when it is really cold. They heat the top of the hand and the grips heat the bottom.

They heat well, and can even be too hot at times hence I have connected them to my Heat Troller.

The thing that bothers me with this system is that the connectors and wiring might keep me tied to the bike in case of a fall. I guess that would also be valid for my heated jacket though.

KLAN seems to be an obsure brand but just to give you an idea you can see their stuff and the gloves on this page: http://www.brmc.co.uk/Klan heated clothing.htm

Bike
ST 1300A
STOC #
I used KLAN iner gloves without thermostat. Far too hot on the wrong spot. Fingertops never got warm.

Now I use Gerbing gloves with adjustable temp and these are great!
Also experience with the excellent Gerbing service.

Gloves are enough for me, but I have a friend who also has Gerbing socks.

Bike
2003 STX1300
STOC #
Yes, they tend to heat more the top of the hand and without thermostat you can't use them because they heat too much (on my first ride, I felt like I had sunburn on the top of my hands).

They do complement heated grips nicely though.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Another rider for Gerbings. Maggie and I visited their shop when we wanted to get outfitted. Nice people to work with and as others have said, they stand behing their products.

John

Gonzo

3/4 Century of Trivia
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I have new Gerbing gloves which have worked well down to 37 F. One failed and was promptly replaced by Gerbing. I have a dual controller so I have capacity for future need. Sewed the wiring into my jacket.
gonzo

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Another happy Gerbings customer - I've ridden in 15 degree weather for up to 4 hours without havivg a problem. At that temp other areas start to suffer, such as my exposed face under the helmet.:D I find that I need the heated gloves blow 40 degrees for extended periods.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
How low you can go depends a lot on individual tolerance. I have one friend who rides in the 20s (F) and has never owned electrice gloves. I can't ride much below 45 or 50 without a little heat. With Gerbings and heated grips I'm good down to the mid 30s.

I've used Widder and Gerbings. I like the Gerbing's better primarily because they're a lot less bulky. The Widders have a lot more insulation, however, so there's some tradeoff.

I'd also suggest you look at the warm'n'safe gloves. I have their jacket liner, and it's wonderful. Better than Gerbing's.

Bike
FJR 1300A
STOC #
I have gerbings also, Great when dry but when it rains no rubber on forefinger to wipe screen, I had Gerbings put heating coils in my Held winter glove for about $80.00.

Marcus
2000 ST1100

Bike
2012 Honda ST 1300A
I've got 5 year old Widders (just the gloves) that I've used on both a Suzuki 1200 Bandit and the ST and they do the job here in New England down to 20. I commute 25 miles to work everyday I can.

Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
When is Gerbing going to add an electric balaclava to their lineup? :)
They will make anything you want....you just have to ask and pay the price. I play clarinet with the Dallas, TX opera. www.dallasopera.org. I ride my bike to work almost every day. In the winter, in Dallas, TX...it can get cold. My clarinets are at risk of cracking (wood) when the temps fall below 65 degrees F. I had Gerbing make some heating strips that fit my clarinet cases (which are 8 in diameter tubes....I installed a bulkhead connector and have the two plug controller. It works perfectly. I get to the hall, open my case....and the clarinets are toasty warm...ready for action.
The folks at Gerbing are very good about trying to accomodate any special request. Just costs money!

Forest

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Only tried Gerbings, rode in -1 last year for a toy run, feet froze, hands warm and toasty. Figured it had warmed up some so at a stop I left them unplugged, didnt take long to figure that was a mistake.

Top Bottom