Honda Heated Grip Glue?

STOC #
The instructions for my Honda Line Grips call for Honda Bond A, but a search indicates that there is no such product in the States. Is the Honda Handgrip Cement a direct replacement? If it weren't for the heat involved I wouldn't even ask.

Bike
2012 GL 1800
STOC #
You can use the Honda Hand Grip Cement or any other grip glue. I put on a set for another member, and we used Yamaha glue as the Honda shop was out at the time! I think the Bond A is sold on the other side of the pond.

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
You can use the Honda Hand Grip Cement or any other grip glue. I put on a set for another member, and we used Yamaha glue as the Honda shop was out at the time! I think the Bond A is sold on the other side of the pond.
Any hi-temp epoxy will work and will give you time to get the grips into position before it hardens up.
I have had no issues with the grips loosening up.

+1 on epoxy - Devcon 30 minute is easy to find and handles the temps. With any of the glues, seal the grip to the handle bar with vasoline or grease to keep the glue out before slipping the grips on. Hotgrips has some good online info that applies to most heated grip installations.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Also, high temp RTV gasket sealer should do the trick, more like a real adhesive?? It will definitley take the heat. Hot Grips advises to use 1 hour epoxy as it takes 24 hours to cure and slow cure is better than the 5 minute stuff. I used epoxy on mine, no issues, but I'm installing a set on my GL this weekend and will try RTV.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I think the Bond A is sold on the other side of the pond.
American Honda in California insisted that Honda Bond A does not exist.

The dealer I bought the bike from said it's not available in the US.

I called the other dealers in my area code and found it on the shelf (Honda Bond A, just like the instructions specify) at Green River Powersports in Gill, MA.

Top Bottom