heated grip info.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I'm looking to add heated grips to my '04 ST1300. What diameter are the bars...7/8" (I should know but don't have the bike with me at the moment)??

I've decided to go with complete heated grips rather than the heated coil under grip method. Am looking at Oxford Heaterz, Hot Grips, and BMW. Have browsed the various threads regarding this topic, but am still looking for opinions, good and bad, for either brand.

Also, are is there anything 'special' about the ST bar/grip that I should know about, such as weird bar ends, spacers, etc?

Bike
still deciding
STOC #
I'm looking to add heated grips to my '04 ST1300. What diameter are the bars...7/8" (I should know but don't have the bike with me at the moment)??

I've decided to go with complete heated grips rather than the heated coil under grip method. Am looking at Oxford Heaterz, Hot Grips, and BMW. Have browsed the various threads regarding this topic, but am still looking for opinions, good and bad, for either brand.

Also, are is there anything 'special' about the ST bar/grip that I should know about, such as weird bar ends, spacers, etc?
Why have you ruled out the heated elements? They are the best of all choices IMHO. Work great and allow the use of any grip you want.

Phil

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Hot Grips - comfortable larger diameter, very well designed and made, a bit more money, but worth it IMHO. You need the open end type (specify at time of ordering so they drill them out) and a spacer kit for your bar ends. Install Vista Cruise at this time if you were thinking of that, then install grips to suit.
The recommended adhesive is slow cure 1 hour epoxy, but I am going to use high temp RTV gasket sealer on my next set as I'm thinking it is a little more convenient.

Last edited:
Top Bottom