Kanetsu Electric Vest.

I was searching through the posts but was unable to find any on the AeroStich Kanetsu Airvantage Electric Vest write-ups.

Does anyone have any experience with Kanetsu? Supposedly, you can adjust the air volume in the vest to make it snugger to your body, providing additional air insulation. The vest is not cheap, depending if you get it with sleeves or not. $267.00, plus $65.00 for the thermostat.

Would like to hear if anyone is familiar with this item before dishing out this kind of money.

Bike
2012 r1200rt
STOC #
i have not seen any reviews of the kanetsu but when shopping for heated gear i took them out of consideration because they did not have gloves as well to use in conjunction with the vest.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I have the standard Kanetsu jacket. I is very nice but it is not the air version. So I cant tell you much about the air part.
I did not do the thermostat because I really only need the elec. part when the temp drops below 25 degrees. With the stich suit and the jacket I find I don't power it up much and just use the standard on - off switch when I need a blast of heat.
I would have done the air if it had heat in the arms of the jacket.
I also wish they offered a glove that could plug in to the jacket.

I've used the standard vest for 3+ years with excellent results. Like the earlier comments, I don't want or need a thermostat. I only use it in temps below 40F and leave it on until I hit any stop and go driving in town. The heat output is sufficient to keep me warm under a lined Aerostich Darien jacket. I imagine the Air Advantage would be a significant improvement. Good luck!

OP
OP
I have the standard Kanetsu jacket. I is very nice but it is not the air version. So I cant tell you much about the air part.
I did not do the thermostat because I really only need the elec. part when the temp drops below 25 degrees. With the stich suit and the jacket I find I don't power it up much and just use the standard on - off switch when I need a blast of heat.
I would have done the air if it had heat in the arms of the jacket.
I also wish they offered a glove that could plug in to the jacket.
You guys hit on several good points that I didn't consider. Heated gloves and sleeves. As far as the standard Kanetsu jacket, is it a Wind Blocker or Windstopper Electric Liner? Are Aerostich sizes run tru to the measurements?

Thanks for your responses.

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
I've been using the standard regular weight AirVantage vest for a couple years now. Love it! It puts out plenty of heat, is very well made like all Aerostich products, and it works as advertised.

You just put a couple puffs of air in there and it tightens up for better heat transfer. The cords and connectors are the best quality I've seen on any vest. My wife has my old Unobtainium vest and it's still going strong too. Personally, I wouldn't have any other brand, but that's just my opinion.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
I started looking into Gerbing gear, but realized that after adding all the electrics, the Kanetsu would be comparable in price. Plus, if I rode to Duluth, I could get 10% knocked off...

I like the air-vantage concept... vest or jacket liner?

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I haven't use the Kanetsu, but the warm'n'safe liner accompolishes essentially the same thing with elastic side panels, and the elastic will never spring a leak. It also has heated arms, and can be used with warm'n'safe or gerbing gloves.

And, if the kanetsu can really be worn in the 40s without a thermostat, I suspect it doesn't put out nearly as much heat as the warm'n'safe. At 40 degrees, the warm'n'safe will get hot enough to make me uncomfortable and sweaty if left at full power.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
I'm looking at the '07 copy of the Aerostich catalog (my work copy).

Seems that the Airvantage is only available in the vest now, and that it's no longer self-packing if I read this right (it doesn't mention that in the description).

Seems Aerostich has moved to Windresist and Windstop options instead. Anyone use those two?

Rob Hephner

Mobile Pest Control
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I have one and like it a lot! In fact sometimes I don't need to use the electric at all because of how the air against my body works.

My only complaint and one thing I am looking to change is the collar. I personally don't like it (you may) because I use a gaiter and that the collar and my jacket collar makes it all hard to turn my head with a full faced helmet on. Other than that it is awesome.

Once you figure out the amount of air you need you will not need a heat-troller at all.

Top Bottom