2007 Harley Road King Tourer

Computer Nerd

full frontal nerdity
Been helping a friend keep his new harley ridden, as he is ill.

And I have to say that the new Harleys are very nice. Smooth, comfortable, and apparently well made. Still have some vibration at idle, but once moving, it feels real nice. Great seats! The stock seat was very comfy, and the riding position was spot on.

Bike was real friendly to ride, especially at low speeds. Okay, I can see why LAPD might have considered these bikes. I also went to pick up some parts for the bike to do some mods, and they were very affordable.

The only irritant was the controls had lots of buttons, all real close together.

You have to look to see what you are pressing. I want the horn button to be off on it's own, like the Honda, not nestled amongst a bunch of other buttons.

But this bike seems really nice, if I had gobs of cash I would probably buy one as a weekender.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
I think they're fun... for a while. My wife Maggie is enamored with her week old Street Glide. We'll see how much spunk she's got in her step when we get back from Sturgis.

John

I think they're fun... for a while. My wife Maggie is enamored with her week old Street Glide. We'll see how much spunk she's got in her step when we get back from Sturgis.

John
Funny... I am going to get rid of my Street Glide for a sport tourer. Like you said, give it time, the love affair may not last forever with the glide. I love my bike to cruise but that is the only thing it does well. Cruise. ZZZZZZZ

Bike
GL1800 Goldwing
STOC #
I had the bug to buy a Harley real bad and decided on a new Ultra Classic ElectraGlide. It's a beautiful, classy looking bike and nicely finished. My wife and I took a friend's 2005 Classic UltraGlide for a test ride - it's wasn't quite what I expected. The 2008 was not what I expected either. The saleman at the Harley shop said our ST1100 spoiled us for the Harley. My wife was uncomfortable. I found it shook too much, it was too slow, seemed like it wanted to go but couldn't, at 120 kmph I was pushed around too much. I described this to a friend and seemed to sum it up well-you have to work to ride a Harley. I'm not bashing these bikes, I REALLY wanted one. We were down to colour choice but after riding it for over an hour on highways and back roads I was quite disappointed. I've always ridden Hondas so maybe the difference is just too much. My riding partner rides a Road King and loves it. I like following it to hear it's mellow sound but.......... Oh well, off to test an '07 Gold Wing. I don't plan on selling our ST but adding to the stable. Just my 2 cents worth.
Cheers,
Cliff.

Top Bottom