Gerbing Heatroller

Gonzo

3/4 Century of Trivia
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I purchased the Gerbing Dual Heatroller and mounted it on my jacket belt. It's actually out of the way yet easily reached. The jacket is an Olympia Patton. Bright red with a slight orange cast.

I have it for the Gerbing heated gloves and it works perfectly for my cold weather rides.

The second control is because I am very sure that at some time SWAMBO is going to complain she's cold, and I already checked her fit for a Gerbing jacket liner. In this way she will be able to control her own heat.

I decided against heated grips because 1.) the backs of the hands can still get cold, and 2.) it won't help her stay warm.

I sewed the wires into the jacket using thread strong enough for leather. If I had to, it would be easy to cut the thread loops for removal. They are sewn in only five places.

gonzo

Attachments

Bike
2003 ST-1300
STOC #
I started the same exact way, but it wasn't too long before I added the socks. I never expected that I would get the jacket liner for my self. If you plan on doing what I did, be aware that the dual controller will not run two jackets, a pair of gloves, and a pair of socks. It blew the fuse. So now I have two controllers, one for my wife and one for me.

Heat on a bike, what a great invention.

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
the dual troller is rated for 15 amps, your gloves her jacket, not gloves and jacket for two folks...The more heated gear I get the more I wonder how I survived without it. I just added grips, taking a ride early tomorrow to try them during the sub freezing weather...The grips were so cheap I couldnt resist. 22 bucks from Aerostitch...Gloves were 160.00 jackets 200, so grips are the best bang for the buck..

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
My wife, Maggie and I are, "In for a penny, in for a pound" kind of folks. We made a trip to Gerbings a few years ago and went head to toe and never looked back. Great way to extend the riding season. Nice folks to do business with as well.

John

Top Bottom