quick heated grip question

juddspaintballs

Dual Sport Touring
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
STOC #
I'm clueless on this one.

I have a throttle lock that I did not install. The kind you flip the switch to hold the throttle and flip the other way to turn it off. Much like this one (not mine)

anyways, I want to put some heated grips on if possible. The ones I'm looking at are the Dual Star heated grips.
http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm

Can I use those with my throttle lock? I assume I'll have to route the wires out of the way (obviously), but are there any other special considerations? Is it even possible to use them?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Are you sure you don't have heated grips?
There is a wire hanging down from the grip that leads me to think you have something under the grip already...

Mark

OP
OP
juddspaintballs

juddspaintballs

Dual Sport Touring
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
STOC #
that is not a picture of my bike/grip. just a google searched image i found (that just so happens to appear to be an ST as well). i have that type of throttle lock, but i don't have a camera with me (not at home). i am very sure i don't have heated grips already.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
that is not a picture of my bike/grip. just a google searched image i found (that just so happens to appear to be an ST as well). i have that type of throttle lock, but i don't have a camera with me (not at home). i am very sure i don't have heated grips already.
:eek::
Sorry, I looked at that pic and recognized that it has a heated grips...
And since it does I suspect you can fit the dual-STar heaters too...

Mark

Mine should be in Friday. For my sake, could someone post a picture of how the wiring is routed out of the grip and around the throttle lock? I have the entire install worked out in my head except that one detail. Hopefully this will benefit others are well. Thanks.

Rossi

R.I.P. - 2014/08/28
Rest In Peace
Bike
2000 ST1100
STOC #
I have the Kimpex grip heaters, which, for this discussion are of the same design. I am using them with the Breakaway throttle lock. See below. Since the Breakaway installs above the grip, the wires pass under the grip. For the throttle lock pictured at the start of this thread, I imagine you would need to pass the wires to the right of the lock, as I think that type of lock clamps the throttle tube.

Julien

Attachments

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
I ran mine similiar to the first picture, if you leave a small loop it cant be seen unless you really look. My biggest issue came with routing so it doesnt bind at full lock steering. Take your time, and start at the grip and work towards the controller.

Top Bottom