Compatible?

STOC #
Does anyone know if First Gears Warm & Safe clothing is compatible with other brands like Widder or Gerbing? I was thinking that in the future I might want electric socks!:D

PB

Byron

STOC #
I don't know about compatible but I sure like my Gerbing socks. :D

Bike
2003 ST1300
These appear to be Gerbing clones, however you may require a separate heat troller for the socks. There are no compatability issues with electricity, just as your toaster is compatible with your coffee maker; its just a question of not overloading the total avail amps. . If they are the same wattage as Gerbing socks, then you could interchange parts. Adaptors are avail., depending on your equipment. I doubt you could overload an ST1300's alternator, unless you were in slow traffic, with all farkles on full.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
Warm'n'safe and Gerbings use the same connector types and will work fine together. Widder uses a totally different connector, and their gloves are wired in series to operate on 6 volts , unlike the others that are 12 volts.

It's wrong to call the warm'n'safe clones of the Gerbings, however. Both the liner and the gloves offer features that are unique to warm'n'safe. And Gerbing's controllers are clones of an older warm'n'safe design.

I have the warm'n'safe vest, and find it superior to the Gerbing design. I use it with Gerbing gloves, but would compare with the warm'n'safe gloves if I were buying now.

FWIW, First Gear and Powerlet heated hear are both sourced from warm'n'safe.

OP
OP
STOC #
Thanks Bob, mostly I was just wondering about plugs and polarity. I think the only electric socks I have seen so far are made by Gerbing. If warm and safe makes the Powerlet stuff I wonder why they don't release a version of there own.

Thanks again,

PB

Top Bottom