Looking for electric jacket liner

Bike
07 ST1300A
I've been looking at electric liners to use with my FirstGear K4 jacket when it gets really cold, and I like the Aerostitch Kanetsu Windstopper, but I have a few questions for those that one one:

- I currently have Gerbing gloves and dual temp controller. Would like to verify the QuicConnect2 adapters are the same as Gerbing uses and will interconnect.

- Does the jacket have seperate circuit for gloves? I would like to keep the gloves and liner on seperate circuits.

OP
OP
gregj
Bike
07 ST1300A
I tried a Gerbing liner before, and it was too tight around my neck, so I had to return it. I dont like a real tight fitting liner (yeah, I know, needs to be for optimum heat transfer, etc), plus my weight tends to vary a bit. :oops: Maybe if I got a larger size Gerbing?

I also like the Kanetsu as it is supposed to have a windstopper lining. Cold temps just go right through my K4, and it seemed the liner would help keep the heat in and the chill out.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
One advantage of the Gerbings, in my view, is it packs down to a much smaller size than the Kantesu. My Gerbings is pretty much always with me because it takes up little room.

OP
OP
gregj
Bike
07 ST1300A
Well if your're dead set why not call or email them and ask about compatibility with Gerbing? I'm sure they know and can tell you.

gonzo

I plan on doing that, but thought I would first see what real world experience I could glean from the collective.

Top Bottom