Controllers for heated clothing

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I've searched the forums, and haven't found all the answers I need. While I have the tupperware off for some other wiring, I'd like to install controllers for heated clothing. I'm leaning toward dual controllers, mounted on the bike. Does anyone know the physical dimensions of the Gerbing controllers? It appears, from looking at their web site, that the controllers and indicator lights mount on a panel, and the connection to the garment is made elsewhere. I'm thinking of wiring the controllers to powerlets, just below the left fairing pocket. It there enough room for the powerlets and the controllers in this area? (I have the Honda fairing extensions, so I don't think I can mount anything on the painted surfaces further down.) Also, anyone have experience with the Aerostitch panel mounted controller? Are they smaller than the Gerbings? The RiderWearhouse web site didn't give dimensions for the unit.

STOC #
There are many installation options discussed under Electronics/Electrical, Mods, Farkles and Heated Gear in the Forums. I used Heatrollers mounted in the left dash where the speaker would go. One for grips and one for a powerlet at the suspension adjust area. Look under "Electronics/Electrical..My accessory wiring/lighting installation" (I know there's a way to add a Hyperlink here but I haven't figured it out yet. This one's obviously fake!)

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I installed a Heat-troller before riding to TechSTOC (a very quick and dirty install;but, it was going to be *really* cold, an it was!).

The Heat-troller's panel can be popped apart at a perf line in the board (their instructions; not a guess) so you can put the indicator light remote from the control.

You need about an inch of clearance for the board.

Good luck,
Mark
PS.
Mike, 1st go find the link and copy it by highlighting and using control-C. Highlight the word you want to be the link; then click on the globe with 2 links of chain in the bar above the reply box. Paste your link with a control-V, close the box and you've linked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom