Gerbing Advice Please

Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Help!

I need the wisdom of you Gerbing owners out there. :bow1: I'll be heading out to the Chicago International Motorcycle Show this weekend with a credit card that is burning a hole in my wallet! :D

I think I want to upgrade from my trusty Aerostich heated vest to the full blown Gerbing Armored Jacket, Armored Pants, and Gloves setup. Has anyone used the armored Gerbing gear and have any opinions?

The big question I have is how to select the size for the jacket and pants. Just how warm do the jacket and pants get and are they wind proof? Do I want a tight fit over street clothes or should I allow for additional layers? I regularly ride to work in 30 degree weather (50 minute commute - one way).

Thanks in advance.

Dave S

Last edited:
Bike
2011 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
Dave-
When the IMC was in Ft. Worth last November I stopped by the Gerbing booth. They had reps there that were very helpful in helping me try on for size their vest and gloves. They also answered all of my questions. I would bet there is a good chance that reps will be available at the Chicago show also.

Bike
FJR 1300A
STOC #
Dave,

Gerbings will help you get in the right size,If your not in a hurry to get your jacket,I had them wire my jacket liner to have a dual controler with one control for my gloves and the other for my liner,other wise the liner and gloves are on one control.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
I'm with Marcus. Spend some time to talk with them about your needs and they'll do a good job with you. Maggie and I went to their shop to get outfitted and we got our outfits wired the way Marcus described: gloves on one circuit, everything else on another. Works great!

Good luck.

John

OP
OP
dsteward
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Gents - Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the Gerbing reps should be able to take care of me at the show.

Marcus/John - Thanks for the tip regarding the wiring of the dual controller. That sounds like the way to go.

Dave S

Top Bottom