Just got my TourMaster Synergy liner...

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Just picked one up from my local Stealer... XL.. Only one they had, been on order for a couple of months. Two other riders were inquiring also, so I snapped it up :) XL size is XL, fits snug (it's suppose to).. Gonna sit here at the computer, plug it in to my 12 regulated supply and make "VROOM!!! VROOM!!! noises for a while..

Cabin Fevered Putt...

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Just picked one up from my local Stealer... XL.. Only one they had, been on order for a couple of months. Two other riders were inquiring also, so I snapped it up :) XL size is XL, fits snug (it's suppose to).. Gonna sit here at the computer, plug it in to my 12 regulated supply and make "VROOM!!! VROOM!!! noises for a while..

Cabin Fevered Putt...
Kewl,,,no, wait,,waaarrrrrrrmmmmm!!

Just don't leave skid marks in your underwear....:D

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

Cabin Fevered Putt...
Putt,

Liner, meaning with the sleeves?

If so, does it have "pathways" to put the wiring in for gloves? One of the biggest pains I have right now with my heated TourMaster gloves is the dang wiring. I don't like loose wires all over.

This might help if you in making motorcycling noises: :D

http://www.fetchfido.co.uk/games/crazy-frog/axel-f.htm

Thanks,

OP
OP
Putt

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Putt,

Liner, meaning with the sleeves?

If so, does it have "pathways" to put the wiring in for gloves? One of the biggest pains I have right now with my heated TourMaster gloves is the dang wiring. I don't like loose wires all over.

This might help if you in making motorcycling noises: :D

http://www.fetchfido.co.uk/games/crazy-frog/axel-f.htm

Thanks,
Jacket type liner,, not the "vest" type..
Mine has the sleeves... The jacket has glove outlets
down by the wrists.. The connectors, when not used,
are "hidden" in little zippered "pockets", all you have to do
is plug the gloves into the connectors (coaxial)..
No need to run the wires for the gloves....

Putt..

Attachments

Last edited:

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Jacket type liner,, not the "vest" type..
Mine has the sleeves... The jacket has glove outlets
down by the wrists.. The connectors, when not used,
are "hidden" in little zippered "pockets", all you have to do
is plug the gloves into the connectors (coaxial)..
No need to run the wires for the gloves....

Putt..
Excellect! :D

Thanks!

juddspaintballs

Dual Sport Touring
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
STOC #
so how warm is it? how well is it made? i'm actually pretty interested in the tourmaster gear, especially if they make some integrated liners that zip in place in some of their jackets in place of the ZOQ liner of theirs

OP
OP
Putt

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Dang... Hooked the jacket up to the 12 Volt supply...
Had the controller on "high" took about 15 seconds to start
to feel the heat. VERY warm.. Of course, running it in the house is
not the best way to judge the liners effectivness, but I will say this,
the heat output was almost uncomfortable... Even without power,
the liner probably would provide a fair amount of protection from the
cold.. Gonna step outside (it's around 16 degrees) and see how well the
un-powered liner protects me from the cold. Ok, the liner, un-powered,
does provide a bit of warmth, probably on the order of a light jacket.. There is a
bit of cold infiltration on the sides. The shell appears to be made of Rip-Stop
but I would be wary of snagging the material.
What I do like is that the warmth is not centralized, it seems like you are enveloped by a blanket of
warmth.
The length of the power cord from the battery terminals to the jacket pigtail is 40 inches..
the pigtail on the jacket is 3 inches.
15 amp fuse inline on the 40 inch power cord
If your upper torso is "longish" I would try before I buy,
the liner might seem a little short. For me, my riding pants
are going to come up high enough to provide protection at the
bottom end of the liner.. YMMV...

Toasty Putt...

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Putt,

Thanks for pushing me over the edge...I went out at lunch and bought one at Chaparral.

I will probably get an chance to test it out (with Gloves attached) next week and let you know what I think of it! :p:

OP
OP
Putt

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Putt,

Thanks for pushing me over the edge...I went out at lunch and bought one at Chaparral.

I will probably get an chance to test it out (with Gloves attached) next week and let you know what I think of it! :p:
Ummm, Bob,
I see you are in Southern California....
Heated Gear??? :D Probably put out too
much heat at 70 degrees:rolleyes:

Perspiring Putt...

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Ummm, Bob,
I see you are in Southern California....
Heated Gear??? :D Probably put out too
much heat at 70 degrees:rolleyes:

Perspiring Putt...
Ha! You haven't been reading my Morning Coffee threads! This is what I was doing this morning before leaving for work.

View attachment 27698

The whole reason for me to go electric is because when I leave the house, it can be in the upper 30's to lower 40's. By the time I get to work it could be anywhere from 55 to 70. I should be fine with the heat off at 70, so this should work pretty good. :p:

OP
OP
Putt

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Ha! You haven't been reading my Morning Coffee threads! This is what I was doing this morning before leaving for work.

View attachment 27698

The whole reason for me to go electric is because when I leave the house, it can be in the upper 30's to lower 40's. By the time I get to work it could be anywhere from 55 to 70. I should be fine with the heat off at 70, so this should work pretty good. :p:
I was suprised at how quickly mine heated up.. About 15 seconds to
start to feel it.. And again, it is an "area" heat...

Putt..

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've got the liner and the gloves. I was powering the gloves off the liner, but I'm not sure that was the right thing to do since the liner controller burned up. They sent me a new one and I think I'll just hook them up on the different connections they give you with the gloves (a "Y" connector) so you can power both from the same battery connection, but different controllers.

I won't be trying that for a few months down here though...Late December or sometime in January, once temps drop below 45? or so...:sun1:

Really glad to read this, as I'm thinking of buying new this winter. I had a jacket liner and gloves from Gialli and they have got to be the worst designed piece of motorcycle kit I have ever had the displeasure of owning!

The jacket is made of a fabric that gets torn to pieces by my braces; the wires come out in all the wrong places; the neck provides no warmth protection at all (not of the wired kind, simply of a decent bit of neoprene; the glove wires go the WRONG way up the arms; the plugs and sockets tear apart and need to be resoldered if you aren't very careful how you undo them (which isn't easy if your fingers are still numb from the cold).

I could go on, but I'd just say buy Gialli stuff with a severe weather caution!

As for their customer service!!!! When I rang to order a replacement lead becuase the original was impossible to repair and suggested it could be better designed, the guy on the phone basically said "tough".

I'll definitely look up the tourmaster kit.

Thanks again, Graham.

idahorider

IdahoFalls Rider
Bike
ST1300
I bought two TourMaster Jacket Liners from Motorcycle Superstore a couple of weeks ago. We used them last week. My girlfriends lasted one day, mine lasted about 10 seconds, then they were both dark and cold. I ordered two more and got them last night. I checked all my wiring, etc and everything checked out. I tried the new one this morning and it doesn't work at all. My girlfriend bought gloves for hers and they worked well with the liner for the one ride her first liner system worked.

I called Tourmaster and was told by the service rep that he thought they had corrected the controller problem a few weeks ago and that I should be okay. I will have my girlfriend try the forth one tonight.

Not good. Heading to the coast to tomorrow and I will probably take the Widder vests that have proved reliable. (girlfriend hates her Wider gloves though!). FYI.

idahorider

IdahoFalls Rider
Bike
ST1300
We tried my girlfriends and it works. We only left it plugged in for a minute. We are heading into the lovely rain in Oregon. I plan to stop in Medford at the Motorcycle Super Store and see if they will swap my bad controller out.

Hopefully you have a good one!

Bike
07 ST1300A
Thanks for the review Putt. Anyone know if the Tourmaster liner will work with the Gerbing dual temp controller? (Can you controll the temps of the gloves and liner seperately?)

Pepe'

Jabberwockey knowledgeable
Bike
2006 ST1300R
I expect a full evaluation by the time you get to PA. My Gerbing I think may be flawed. After I check with Gerbing I may want to get me some of that. Anybody else ever have a Gerbing liner that doesn't seem to get hot? I can run mine without a heat troller and stay "warm".

Last edited:
I purchased my synergy jacket and gloves last fall. I'm debating on adding the pants/chaps. I love the jacket liner, I've been fine down to single digits with the liner under my Killi 4.0 a fleece and the liner over a long sleeve thermal shirt.

Below freezing temps (last year) are getting to my feet. At 14 degrees my thermal $30 hunting socks in my Sidi onroad boots didn't do the job. I added a second pair of socks and made things worse. I had to stop often to get my feet thawed out...

Are there any synergy options for heated socks?

Last edited:

Pepe'

Jabberwockey knowledgeable
Bike
2006 ST1300R
Dave, want to get together to look your problem over? Might be a good opportunity to cross evaluate my Gerbing vs. you Tourmaster.

Top Bottom