Blackened Hands from BMW

Installed the BMW grips over the symtec heaters.. Works great but I've got black dye all over my hands after every ride.. Anyone else have this problem? Dan

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
I occasionally get black dye on my hands too but from the gloves I would think. Never thought it could bleed through from the grips.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
My deer skin gloves show lots of black from the BMW grips...
But, I'd rather have black palms than not use those grips!
;)

Mark

OP
OP
Interesting..Dont wear gloves. The black seems to only happen when the heats turned up. Guess the black dye will begin to run when the grips are heated.. I wonder if BMW uses a different grip(part number) for bikes that have heated grips. Gonna check it out.

Rob Hephner

Mobile Pest Control
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I want to seriously suggest that you wear gloves when you ride, you would be amazed at how badly a hand gets damaged at even t a 5 mph fall.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I used to ride my old CM400 without gloves on nice days...until I got a June bug in my finger. Ouch! I picked pieces of exoskeleton out of my skin and had a wicked bruise from an impact with an insect. Wear gloves.

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
If its cold enough for heated grips, why wouldnt you use gloves? Not to mention the safety aspect. This from a guy who used to ride in cutoff shorts, bare foot...Ok so Ive changed a bit over the years..

Top Bottom