Warm and Safe, help me decide!

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I have been debating a heated jacket liner for awhile now. Many have told me it is nice to have one when you travel in Colorado and the temps change often with the elevation changes. I am planning a week trip to Colorado and this just may be the time to get that liner. I think I have decided on a Warm n Safe liner.

Here are my questions:

Do I want the Gen 2 or Gen 3 liner? Differences

I normally wear a mesh jacket in the summer. I figure the mesh will be needed for the trip from Indiana to Colorado. So do I get the Gen 3 and stow it away till I get to Colorado?

Any other advise would be helpful.

Thanks!

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I'm in mesh all the time.
I chose the Gen 3.
It just looked right...

Mark

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I'm in mesh all the time.
I chose the Gen 3.
It just looked right...

Mark
I have seen one of them, not sure which Gen. The one I saw was much thiner than the tourmaster heated liner. Do they both pack about the same size? Is one thicker than the other?

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
huh....I already registered and entered both STOC and HSTA when I did, so I beat you to the discount!

And who are you calling a Nancy Boy mister I cannot come to your Techevent because TLC will hurt me?

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
ahh... Can't answer the wattage question... we don't get *really* cold here...
Nancy Boy might know more since he as recently admitted he's been WRONG all his riding life!

:)

Mark

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
When I bought mine, there was nothing else but Gen 2. It was advertised as being more breathable than Gerbings or Widder. I like it for that. Looks like Gen 3 may be an improvement, but I wear a jacket that is convertible to mesh (e.g., Joe Rocket Alter Ego or similar), but never wear it with mesh only if you know what I mean. I think mine is 90 watts, plenty hot. I never have it much above medium even at temps in the 30's.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
How about their customer service? I just talked to them via instant messenger! Answered my questions right away and was very helpful. No sending an email and waiting for them to return it.

The person on the other end did tell me to get the liner at the dealer, I asked if they honored the groups discount. He said no, but they are going to try to work that out in the future with some kind of rebate.

I guess I've got a Gen 2 and love it. Their customer svc has been great. I got some heated gloves from them too and when one went out 1 month after the warranty was up (doesn't it always), they honored the warranty anyway and got me out a new set of gloves, no questions asked.

As for Gen 2 vs. 3, you got me. This is what they say:

The Generation 2 & Generation 3 are identical in quality and design. The difference is the material we use. the Gen 2 is a breathable non-coated Nylon Taffeta. The Gen 3 is a wind stopping, water repellant, wicking microfiber. It is the better liner to buy if it is to be worn under a mesh jacket. Both with Polartek Fleece at the neck, which is also heated, providing comfort while free of moisture. The Polartek Fleece keeps the wet from rain away from your neck.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I told the service rep that I normally wear a mesh jacket, he said then I would want the Gen 3.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Tom,
I agree... but it is on a different thread...
Someone who shall remain nameless (but is married to TLC) figured out that he has been throwing stones...
I will *not* address his STones; or lack thereof ... I promise!!!

:)

Mark

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
:woo :woo :toot1: :toot1:

Just order my Gen 3 liner.

Hopefully it will be here by the weekend so I can install it on Saturday and test it on Sunday.

Top Bottom