Gerbings gloves: Classic or G3?

Bike
2007 ST 1300
STOC #
I?m beta-fitting the two different types of Gerbings gloves and soliciting inputs of long-term owners.

See attached pic. Initial contrast:

Classic
?Positive--soft, pliable Negative-- bulky and longer in fingertips

G3
?Positive- snug fit, increased dexterity Negative?stiff, tight on outer knuckles when around grips.

1. Over time, will the Classics fit closer to fingertips?

2. Over time, will the G3s become softer, more pliable?

TIA for you comments​

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I believe the main reasons the G3s were created were the Classics were too bulky and pretty much stayed that way.

I have the classics but really don't use them much. If I were to choose between the two, the G3s would win.. I have to think they will loosen up a little over time.

jasonJonas

Saver of Turtles
STOC #
i have both. i haven't noticed the classics fitting closer over time. they're as bulky as they were the day i bought them. i've only had the g3s one season. they are a bit softer/pliable, but it could just be me getting used to them.

over all, i like the g3s much better, but the classics are hotter, imo, and if you're going to ride in 20 and below weather, the extra heat is certainly a plus even if your bike is equipped with heated grips.

Bike
07 ST1300A
I would think it depends on the how cold it will get or stay, when you wear them, and how long you will be riding in these temps. I have had the classics for many years now, and commute all through the winter, up till snow/ice starts. I have no experiece with the G3, but they dont look to be as well insulated as the Classic, which can make a difference when you're riding for any length of time in temps are below 30*. The Classics work for me as a cold weather glove. :D

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've had two seasons use out of my G3's and like them. They are supple and sensitive enough for a GPS touch screen and yet warm enough for the temps I've ridden in. The coldest was the mid 20's up in the mountains.

OP
OP
BendBill
Bike
2007 ST 1300
STOC #
Thanks to all for the input. As expected, G3s are favored.

Trouble is . . . I still find the Classics supple, soft, easy to wrap around the grips, while the G3s are stiff and too tight to comfortably bend my fingers.

It's weird: Gerbings customer reps assure me that sizes are pretty constant, yet I must squeeze my hand into the large G3s, while the large Classics feel too big and loose.

So . . . now I'm sending off for MEDIUM Classics. Who knows, maybe I also need to try G3s in ex-large.

I must have odd paws.

OP
OP
BendBill
Bike
2007 ST 1300
STOC #
Forget what the rep said, try the G3 in x-large. They shouldn't be tight..mine were comfortable the minute I put them on...new off the showroom floor.
Oops, forgot to mention I AM trying the G3s in XL. When they arrive, I'll see which works best for me--Classics in L or M, or XL G3s.

**BTW, Gerbings is easy to work with and their items get to my Oregon doorstep in 2 days

Top Bottom