Harley finally did it !!!

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Full write up in the current Cycle World. What are these guys thinking? Build a bike we might like then not offer it to us.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
There is also a full road test in current Motorcyclist. They liked it quite alot and bemoan the fact it isn't available in the US.

As HD sales tank in the US, export sales are up and the export buyer isn't tradition-bound like a core buyer in the USA. HD knows their core US buyers and likely thinks the XR1200 will sell in much greater numbers overseas than here.

Eh, I think europe will just be a test market. If it sells wildly over there and enough people stateside complain they can't get one, HD might trickle a few over here.

Thing is, this model will appeal to many other riders than just the HD crowd. Heck, I'd take one. Looks fun.

STOC #
Hmmm

I wonder if the typical weekend hd rider will wear the typical monkey suit that seems to be the pre-requisite for hd?
But I digress.

It's still hardly dependable

skyboybry

Hi-Hi!
Bike
Sparkles
STOC #
Hmmm

I wonder if the typical weekend hd rider will wear the typical monkey suit that seems to be the pre-requisite for hd?
But I digress.

It's still hardly dependable
Yeah, but who cares? I wouldn't take it 'cross country. It still looks like fun, right? I'd put an old skool RWB paint job on mine. Some stars, too.

sbB

Bike
ST 1300
STOC #
nahhhh!!

Flat black all over....just like me old 73 AMC Ironhead!! If I thought I could still kick start it....well....nahhhh!!! It was a ball buster....but once you got it to run......it was a ball buster!! I once melted the right leg on my leisure suit pants. It WAS a ball buster!!!:eek:

alan

R.I.P - 3/20/2011
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
just like me old 73 AMC Ironhead!! If I thought I could still kick start it....well....nahhhh!!! It was a ball buster....but once you got it to run......it was a ball buster!! I once melted the right leg on my leisure suit pants. It WAS a ball buster!!!:eek:

Ah, brings back memories from the late 60's of hot afternoons and the sportster guys trying to kick start a vapor locked ironhead. What a beast! By the time they finally got it started, they were too pooped to go ride.

Full write up in the current Cycle World. What are these guys thinking? Build a bike we might like then not offer it to us.

George have you ever owned a Harley? Have you ever went to one of their dealers just to get parts or ask questions or God forbid, need to use their service? My Fatboy was a good bike, ran great and I liked riding it. However, I will never buy another Harley or any Harley paraphernalia.

I don't have much use for a bike that can only be ridden from my house to a bar. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when I was told that every 25K miles you need to replace the lifters. To me that means every year and a half I have to do major engine repair.

I don't know where they got the lifter info from, but my bikes are still running the stock ones. I did have to replace the cam chain tinchoners (?) but that was my fault, so i went with S&S gear drive Cams (FUN)..... These bikes get ridden, no garage Queens. :D

I don't know where they got the lifter info from, but my bikes are still running the stock ones. I did have to replace the cam chain tinchoners (?) but that was my fault, so i went with S&S gear drive Cams (FUN)..... These bikes get ridden, no garage Queens. :D
The 25K lifter change I read in V Twin Magazine and I also checked with my local bike shop (not Harley). The local shop agreed that it is recommended to change the lifters however it was a crap shoot if you would have a problem. At the time we had this discussion he had 1 bike in the shop with 25K miles and bad lifters that ruined the engine and another bike with 100K miles that was running fine. As I said I liked my Harley, I was just tired of the maintenance required to keep it running.

Top Bottom