Harley Trike

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I have my doubts that Milwaukee is capable of producing something like that (ETA: a trike with two front wheels) without a heck of a lot of assistance from another company.

I also have doubts that it would sell, because it's more un-Harley than the V-Rod.

:bigpop:

--Mark

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I have my doubts that Milwaukee is capable of producing something like that without a heck of a lot of assistance from another company.

I also have doubts that it would sell, because it's more un-Harley than the V-Rod.

:bigpop:

--Mark
I agree with that.. However, I do see some harley trikes.. I have a friend that works at a trike shop in TX and a while back he said they had tons of harley conversions..

Rob Hephner

Mobile Pest Control
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Dude, it is sold as a Factory Bike, not a dealer installed option or what not, but directly supported and marketed on the HD website as a factory bike.

Lehman may be doing the conversion, but like it or not when the paperwork gets done it isn't a bike with a kit, but a factory offering.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
Dude, it is sold as a Factory Bike, not a dealer installed option or what not, but directly supported and marketed on the HD website as a factory bike.

Lehman may be doing the conversion, but like it or not when the paperwork gets done it isn't a bike with a kit, but a factory offering.

That doesn't change reality. It would still be a Lehman conversion no matter what the paperwork says or who is selling it.

Ray

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Okay.. can we say it's a Harley Dealer Option? <acting as medeator.. LOL>

Bike
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
STOC #
If I remember correctly, I read about Harley having a concept vehicle that was the "two wheels in the front" trike several years ago. There were some nice pics. The article said something about Harley not going further with it due to liabilities and lack of interest. The target audience was supposed to be law enforcement.

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
I prefer the Harley trikes that have the VW engine in the back.

When did Lehman buy Harley Davidson ? Didn't see that coming ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
The Harley Trike is a Lehman, but same thing Detroit does with many cars, take'em off the regular assembly line and ship'em to custom builders for the "add ons." Ford does that for the...

Harley F-150. :D

Harley in the past has owned other companies capable of producing other products:
Aeremachi (they own it again);
Holiday Rambler RVs;
a golf cart company (don't recall the name.)

At one time they built the Harley Hummer scooter (with and without sidecar) as well.

Don't sell the motor company short.

Rob Hephner

Mobile Pest Control
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I was going to bring up convertibles.

Practically every US branded one is a car that is built, sent to the the modification factory, returned and then shipped to dealers. If you buy the car that way it is listed and titled as a convertible. If you were to buy the same car, take it to get modified, it would be titled as a sedan. ;)

STOC #
Buell goes to Rotax. Harley wants to do a Piaggio. What's next? An entertainment sporting goods like AMF company buys in?

Hijack: A couple of weeks ago, our receptionist sent me an e-mail that someone from her church was selling a 2006 H-D (something)Glide. 9200 miles. $27,500.

She thought I'd be interested because a motorcycle is a motorcycle, right?

I told her I've never paid over $18000 for a car or truck, then showed her samples of new bike that I like. ST1300, FJR, Bandit 1250, Connie 14, Super Duke...

Her response... Those are way less than my friends. But they're not...shiney.:hyp1:

So, according to her, low mileage shiney is worth about $9500.

I wish I was making this up.

Last edited:

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
As if Harley V-twins aren't hot enough between the legs, can you imagine one getting even less airflow because of a dual front wheel design?

Ouch! Where's the icepack?

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #

Rob is right on this one. Although Lehman teamed with Harley to design this trike it is built and warrantied by HD - not Lehman. The forks are also raked a degree or two more to theoretically improve the steering effort, which means other design considerations beyond what comes with a normal *kit*. Anyone who has ridden a GoldWing trike knows that hard steering is a big issue and apparently consistent with most trikes. In my opinion the TriGlide is a nice machine if you're inclined towards trikes (and I am definitely NOT).

My sister-in-law has money down on one in Memphis. My wife has been considering a Softail Heritage Classic. But, while in Memphis over Thanksgiving she had an opportunity to sit on a TriGlide at an HD dealership in DeSoto county, and now she's seriously considering one. She intends to wait until my sister-in-law gets hers so she can test it out before making a decision.

stellarpod

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
The tri glide is receiving huge amounts of interest in the HD world. I have friends that pull tent trailers with their present bikes, and like the idea of added capacity and breaking. Also the obvious additional riding season it gives us here in snow country. Not for me, but huge interest non the less...

Top Bottom