gerbing, warm n safe, etc plug size

juddspaintballs

Dual Sport Touring
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
STOC #
Most heated gear these days uses a standard coaxial plug does it not?

What size is the plug and jack? I want to make my own heated jacket but I want to purchase a Heat Troller to use with it and I want to use the same size plugs. I also want to make a few panel mount jacks.

Any ideas from these pages or is it another size?
http://www.parts-express.com/webpage.cfm?WebPage_ID=3&searchHeader=1&ObjectGroup_ID=113&so=1 &filter=coaxial
http://www.parts-express.com/webpage.cfm?WebPage_ID=3&searchHeader=1&ObjectGroup_ID=114&so=1 &filter=coaxial

terminalsupply.com might have other sizes too :shrug2:

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I was told that the connector on the Gerbing gear was a size "M." I think that this is bigger than the 2.5 mm. It has to handle 15 amps. I believe that RiderWearhouse sells connectors, and Gerbing probably does, as well.

Update: I just measured the coax plug on my Gerbing controller. It appears to be closer to 5mm (maybe 4.5 - I'm using a straight rule, rather than calipers.)

Last edited:
Bike
2003 ST1300
I don't know if you want a challenge or are way too energetic; but making your own jacket seems like too much time spent not riding. You can't beat Gerbings or Widder, at least not from the opinions on this chat line. Gerbing offers lifetime warranty on its electric components, and is very well constructed.
Great service support. IMHO, ride warm.

FOG

I don't know if you want a challenge or are way too energetic; but making your own jacket seems like too much time spent not riding. .........

Made my own years ago, took me all of 30 minutes, an old windbreaker, some fleece fabric and the seat heater grid from a 70's SAAB seat heater.

Works great, the few times I have used it.

Bike
GL1800 2015
I just connected SAE's (found at hardware stores to Tractor & supply...ect...cheap too! - hardware store has a 1 foot piece you cut in half,and get 2 connectors!...just check anywhere that sells trailer wiring...)
to bike and gear...and just an on/off switch on the bike...

Top Bottom