Harley Davidson '09 prototype. Uh huh.

pretbek

Ŵΐļļ ŗĭδέ ∫ỗґ Ŧщịştịέş
Bike
Super Tenere
STOC #
This evening I was rolling along in 10 mph traffic on my way home. Suddenly I was startled by a loud and clear "HEY! What kind of Harley Davidson is that!?". It was the passenger of a big Dodge pickup truck in the lane left of me, sticking his head out the window and looking at me quizzically.

Well... tmp01.jpg (close-up of the decal on my ST1100)

...having been edumecated by this forum :p:, I answered "It's a prototype, for next year."
The Passenger turned and spoke to the driver, who slowly nodded. The Passenger turned again to ogle at my bike with newfound insight :D. "It is a V 4!" I yelled at him to clarify things. :crackup
"Oh yeah?", the Passenger responded. "Wow". "It looks like a BMW", he then concluded, to which I merely gave a noncommital sideways nod.

The pickup truck's lane was now moving slightly faster and we did not end up next to each other again.

I really hope he goes to a HD dealership to ask about this cool new bike that comes out next year.

Last edited:
Bike
2002 ST 1100
STOC #
It just shows that some of them are just stuck on "its got to be a Harley", but when you put an HD (or something similar) on a bike, a lot of them actual like other bikes.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
I get the impression that some people use the word "Harley" in place of the term "motorcycle". Kinda like "Kleenex" for "tissue".

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
It just shows that some of them are just stuck on "its got to be a Harley", but when you put an HD (or something similar) on a bike, a lot of them actual like other bikes.
+1

Let's not forget, HD is the #1 motorcycle among non-motorcycle owners.

Ray

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
My V65 Magna used to get mistaken for a Harley, always worth a laugh.

Bike
ST1300
Now you've done it. We'll all be tempted to pull on a patch covered leather vest over our dungaree shirt before we ride. And of course the half helmet or US flag do rag as our only protection for the noggin. That wouldn't be so bad, but I'll not drill any holes in my mufflers just to fool some idiot that doesn't know when he's having his leg pulled.

If Harley would build one like the ST using the V-Rod motor I would buy one. But not get rid of the ones I've got now.:D

Marshal_Mercer

Bumbleberry + Crumble = Yum!
Bike
Has new home
STOC #
A Hardley V-Single would be interesting. Or a boxer triple. :D

Marshal

Last edited:

patiodadio

Motorcyclist
Bike
ST
When H/D starts making bikes like the ST , I will be the first in line to buy one.

suprdav

R.I.P - 2015/05/23
Bike
2013 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
You guys are just hard on us Harley riders. If I sell my Road Glide and buy a ST, do I have to sell my leather jacket and chaps?
Ride Safe
Suprdav

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
You guys are just hard on us Harley riders. If I sell my Road Glide and buy a ST, do I have to sell my leather jacket and chaps?
Ride Safe
Suprdav
You don't have to sell your leather jacket and chaps but you might want to consider some gear that actually offers some protection no matter what you're riding.

Ray

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Of course you don't have to sell them suprdav, what would you wear in front of the mirror on those quiet lonely nights.:D

Top Bottom