Tourmaster Heated Golves?

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I believe there is a review of them at webbikeworld.com. IIRC, they didn't like them, said they didn't produce much heat. But check the site-I might remember wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

dan0813

R.I.P - 9/28/2009
STOC #
The ones I bought worked fine for a about 2 minutes. The dealer now has them back due to Tourmaster's poor customer service, I now have Gerbing's.

Dan

The ones I bought worked fine for a about 2 minutes. The dealer now has them back due to Tourmaster's poor customer service, I now have Gerbing's.

Dan
Dan, are you using the gloves with a heated jacket?? I have a tourmaster jacket that works fine but I want to use gerbing gloves...

Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
I have the liner and the gloves. The liner works great. Very seldom set it above low. I would not buy the gloves again. I run them on high almost all of the time and they still do not really get warm. Liner on low or off and I am usually warm. Gloves on hight and my hands are usually cold.

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
If you plug the Tourmaster gloves into the plugs on the jacket, then the gloves are controlled by the jacket controller... Ergo, if the liner controller is on "low" so are the gloves, no matter what the glove controller is set on.
The gloves really need to be on their own power source...

Putt...

Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
I have tried it both ways, connected into the plugs on the jacket, and also on their own power source using the glove harness. I could not tell any real difference in the two methods.

Bike
ST-1300
I bought the gloves this fall for my 60 mile round trip to work each day. I used them until the snow finally ran me off. I bought them the same size as a pair of Tourmaster winter gloves I already had and fit well. The trick seems to be getting the size that the liner is in contact with as much of the skin on your hand as possible at all times. I rode many days at 25 degrees on frosty mornings and rainy thirty degree days with good results. Even the cold thumb issue that I had read about on sites before I bought them could be overcome by relaxing my thumb so more contact was made with the lining. I am not old enough to need a vest or other heat source yet so I cannot tell if plugging them into anything would change their operation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom