Inexpensive Heated gear ?

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
I can ride in some pretty cold temps by just adding a layer or so...

That being said, I'll be doing some long distance riding in some pretty chilly temps 20's-30's ( Pony Express ) and wondered if there are any heated vests out there that aren't $150+ ?? Don't necessarily need hardwired gear. I won't be using it that frequently so I don't want to break the bank...

Just wishful thinking?

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I have a Widder vest, size 44, that I no longer use. Just has on-off rocker switch. I'd let it go for $60, shipping included. Let me know.

Bill

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
First link says Sue's Recipe. She says "someone" gave her the original instructions. That someone was me. :D

She did some good modifications to make it even better, follow her instructions and save yurself some money.

I've never bothered, always buy commercial. I have one of each Widder, Gerbing, and Warm And Safe. W'nS has sleeves, easy enuff to add to the recipe using a light jacket.

Bike
FJR1300
STOC #
Truly a short-term temporary fix, but if you get caught a longway from your destination when the weather turns cold w/o any heated gear, go to a pharmacy/walmart and buy a pkg of the large size back pain/menstrual cramp heat paks and put it across your shoulder blades. Several companies make them, in all different sizes. It just may get you home!

OP
OP
Tankereng

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Truly a short-term temporary fix, but if you get caught a longway from your destination when the weather turns cold w/o any heated gear, go to a pharmacy/walmart and buy a pkg of the large size back pain/menstrual cramp heat paks and put it across your shoulder blades. Several companies make them, in all different sizes. It just may get you home!
That's a darn good idea! Other than my hands..I stay generally warm down to about 20 degrees... Just looking for something to take the edge of to reduce the tension when I get chilled...

Top Bottom