Tourmaster synergy controler problems?

jdaniels

R.I.P. - 2010/08/27
Rest In Peace
Bike
'05ST1300'02FZ1
STOC #
We recently used our "tourmastrer synergy" heated gear.It was purchased several months ago.I can't remember where we bought it online.2 of the 4 temp controlers were no good and I don't know who/where to contact with my problems.Is there a central tourmaster site I might ask for replacements or repairs?We never even opened the plastic packages the liners came in untill leaving Jacksonville this morning and I think it was 11 months ago we bought the gear.Actually 1 of the controlers worked at first but quit in about 30 minutes and just stayed on high so she regulated temp by turning the toggle switch on the bike on and off as needed.Anybody else had a problem with the synergy controlers?I got 4 controlers total with the 2 pair of jacket and pants liners and will try the other 2 controlers tomorrow.Hope they work.Even if we use the top and bottom liner at the same time only 1 controler is needed.

Added:I finally found where I purchased the synergy gear from "motorcycle superstore".So,I'll check out the other 2 controlers in the morning and give them a call.The gear was purchased 1-19-08 so if I'm lucky they will make good on the bad gear.

Last edited:

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
My first controller went out almost immediatly, called Customer Service,
they acknowledged that some of the controllers were not capable of handling
the power required by the jacket and were failing... The sent me a new controller immediately. For me, their customer service was outstanding..
I have had this controller for about a year, have used it a bunch of times,
and have had no problems at all... Myself, I would prefer a controller that
had more than "Low, Medium, and High".. For me, even when the temps are in the low 30's, the "Low" setting can be a bit on the warm side...

Putt...

OP
OP
jdaniels

jdaniels

R.I.P. - 2010/08/27
Rest In Peace
Bike
'05ST1300'02FZ1
STOC #
I spoke with customer service at motorcycle superstore.They say that they can't do anything except contact tourmaster and ask for replacement of my faulty controlers.Supposed to call me tomorrow.These things are a bit spendy for me so I sure hope they'll make it good.The pants controilers are working.I tried them for 4 hours right here in the house and they're good but in order to use both tops and bottoms I gotta have the jacket controlers which will control both garmets.Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope you have better luck with TourMaster customer service than I did. If you'll look at post #37 of this thread https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35693 , you'll see what I encountered. I now have Gerbings and I very happy with the jacket liner and gloves.

Dan
Sence you've had both, do the plugs look the same? I've got the tourmaster jacket, and it's working fine, but I want to get the gerbings gloves.

dan0813

R.I.P - 9/28/2009
STOC #
Randy the plugs and controllers a different? Just to add a little more to this I've found out it's who you get at TourMaster some of the reps will send you new controllers and some will not. I'd love to open up the TourMaster controller and see how it is failing, been working in electronics for 35 yrs. Randy also the design of the Gerbing controller is different than TourMaster haven't tried it but I belive the First Gear Warm and Safe and Gerbing controllers will interchange.

Dan

Svl-1300

R.I.P 5/9/2009
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
My controller failed after using it a dozen or so times. I email Tourmaster and they sent one right out to me. No questions asked, good customer service. Now I just hope that this controller doesn't fail. It got really cold at 30* and over 40 more mins to get home.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I had several heat controller failures during the 1st month of ownership for my Synergy vest and my wife's jacket liner. The store where I made the original purchase (Motogear Outlet) replaced the controllers each time. After several returns, I finally gave up on the Synergy line and purchased Gerbings, which have been 100% reliable.

I really liked the design of the Synergy liners and the fact that the heat controller is included in the price of the garment. However, their history of heat controller problems is a deal breaker.

Svl-1300

R.I.P 5/9/2009
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
My controller failed after using it a dozen or so times. I email Tourmaster and they sent one right out to me. No questions asked, good customer service. Now I just hope that this controller doesn't fail. It got really cold at 30* and over 40 more mins to get home.

Posted via Mobile Device
Again after a few times of use my controller started to kick off after about 30mins. It would turn back on and then shut of after about 4mins. It would come back on but keep shuting off every 4-5mins. E-mailed Tourmaster and they again sent me another controller without questions. Hope that this one last. May have to get a different heated liner next winter.

Top Bottom