Looking for Throttlemeister...

Howdy,

Ok, I have read about all the different throttle locking mechanisms, and I've had a previous post about this.

One that has caught my eye a bit, is the throttlemeister setup, especially since they offer theirs in black that looks almost stock. Heh, well either that, or I'm going to try the O-ring trick....

Where the heck can I order the throttlemeisters online?
The factory site is really weak, and they have a "form" that you actually mail in... I'm looking for something a little more "on line" and hopefully something that accepts paypal?

Anyone know where I could order these?
And, if at all possible, a Canadian site? or a USA site that ships to Canada?

Thx
Tazmool

Bike
still deciding
STOC #
Why not get a Vista Cruise throttle lock instead. Much cheaper and works far better. You'll need the dual cable Yamaha version for a ST1300. Search this site for installation hints.

OP
OP
Do you have a pic of your setup?

I'm in no rush, and saving $$ is a definite plus :p

Tazmool

STOC #
Throttlemeister is Marker Machine out of Milwaukee. I had one, hated it - just too difficult to engage. I ponied up the bucks and bought a MC Cruise from Joe at Spoiled Biker.com. A great farkle. If you don't have heated grips the Brakeaway unit is the best out there. It looks a little wierd, but really does a good job. :04biker:

OP
OP
I have heard that some ppl have issues engaging the throttlemeisters...

I have seen the breakaway ones on line....
They look huge, don't they take up a huge amount of real-estate on the right bar? giving you a sort of a weird grip on the bar?

Tazmool

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
My Throttlemiester was installed tonight. Just turning it with the throttle engages the unit. I'll let you know better tomorrow after I actually ride with it. There is no room used up on the grip and, having had others, this is important to me.

Tom

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I have a set of the shorter ones, in chrome, that are sitting around my garage. I came across the longer ones which I have on my ST1100 and I like them. These are for the 1100. I'm not sure what differences the 1300 bars may have, but you're welcome to them for $50US, shipping included. I also came across an E-Bay seller which made a knurled collar that fits around it which makes it much easier to engage and disengage. Not sure he's still around, however.

Bill

OP
OP
I'd love to try those, however I just checked the throttlemeister site, and the part numbers for the 1100 and 1300 are not the same...

I'll try to get a hold of them and see if they are interchangeable.

Tazmool

Bike
still deciding
STOC #
+1 on the heavy matte black version; +10 on it working well.
I got mine from http://www.rlmotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?page=ThrottleMeister_Products.htm&product=ThrottleMeister&cart_id=702923.80158, but it cost me ~$125-150 including shipping charges, and worth every penny. Looks as if the price has increased a few $ since then, but still a very worthwhile investment for long rides, IHMO.

Ride Safe,
How is it worth every penny :confused:

Vista Cruise is functionally better and cost 1/6 of a Throttlemeister. I don't get it.

Do you buy a Throttlemeister for bragging rights or do you just like to throw money around to support the economy?

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Re: Looking for Throttlemeister...Which Vista Model?

Having a deficit of cash sways me rom dropping 130 bones on a dollar's worth of billeted metal.

Can anyone hook me up w/the exact JC Whitney part number?...I'm pretty lazy too!

The Vista looks like a steal while I build the nerve to install an Audiovox!

Thanks all!

Greg in South Carolina:)

TPadden

Tom Padden
Hi

They are not interchangeable. I had one on my ST1100, had to get a new one set for my ST1300.

Maura
Maura,

The throttlemeister IS interchangable part FT or FH (Heavy). The part that is different is the mounting kit AHV2/AHV3/AHR4 (add -H for heavy); they will send the new mounting kit for $30 :).

You didn't really have to get a new Throttlemeister :eek::.

http://www.throttlemeister.com/applications.html

Tom

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300
Yes I most certainly did. I wanted the sexy cool black ones for my new sexy cool black 1300. :D

I stand corrected, the current part numbers are the same for the outer part.

Bike
ST 1300
STOC #
My rubber O ring is wearing out and decision time is near....$130 for a metal hold your throttle open thing...$35 for a plastic throttle lock thing (which I use on my Victory and it works fine) or spend another $0.79 for a new O ring to place between the touring grips and the the bar which adds friction all the time to the throttle and is kinda annoying in traffic. WHAT to do...What to do???

Top Bottom