Looking for heated grips

Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
I'm looking for the heated grips that are just the self stick plastic that sticks to your bars and gets covered by your stock grips. Are these recommended or not and is anybody using them?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Many here use the symtec grips... they work fine for me, especially considering the price.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
I have the symtechs under BMW grips. I *think the dual stars are pretty similar. Works ok.
Can't compare them to the oem honda ones I haven't tried those and they cost a ton more.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
I was pointed towards Symtec grip heaters (www.symtec-inc.com) in conjunction with the Honda quartet harness and have had good luck with this combination so far. They were easy to install after removing the required tuperware and cost considerably less than the Honda heated grips.

PizzaHog

Still Bikeless, More Pathetic
STOC #
Aerostitch sells an over-the-grip warmer for ~$45 that I've used for several years. Great for riding in the cold, especially @ that price...

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Aerostitch sells an over-the-grip warmer for ~$45 that I've used for several years. Great for riding in the cold, especially @ that price...
I started out with these and still have them, but I use them as passenger grab bar heaters. The thing about Symtecs or Dual Stars is they cost less than the Aerostich ones and, once you put in the relatively small effort to install them, they're always on the bike. You can't forget them and you don't have to stop to put them on.

I have the OEM Honda heated grips which work great, but if I were to do it over I'd go with Symtecs and put the savings into a ride somewhere.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Any of the heat element types under BMW sport grips, with a Warm And Safe HeatTroller. That's what's on STick and they work great.

ReSTored has an after market heated grip set up, but those grips are not as comfortable as the BMW grips.

Top Bottom